Since the last RBRR there has been a large section of the A9 that has had average speed cameras livened up.

These are over a 120mile stretch of the A9 between Dunblane and Inverness, my understanding is that the sections are split focussing on the single carriageway part of the route.

This is likely to catch a few entrants out if we are not careful, the A9 has lots of traffic free sections at the time of night that we'll be using it, plus there is the need to accelerate hard to overtake lorries ever now and then which will push the average up.

Here are some Maps with the Camera Locations.

Dunblane to Perth

http://www.invernessreds.co.uk.....Camera_Locations.pdf

Perth to Inverness

http://www.invernessreds.co.uk.....Camera_Locations.pdf

I think the warning is good but absolutely unnecessary for members of  Club Triumph.
I know not one member who would ever contemplate driving faster than the allowed maximum.
We are after all law abiding citizens and understand why there has to be a 50MPH speed limit in the north of Scotland at 03:00 hours on a mild but fresh October morning.

Good luck to all participants!!

AndyF

Quoted from cook1e
Look on google images, find a few cars like yours and install false plates! If you want to ensure no-one innocent gets a ticket check out a few number plates and find one where the car no longer appears on DVLA records (ie it's probably scrapped!)...

BTW I wouldn't actually recommend this! If you get caught it would be fraud and you'd wish you had just been honest and got a few points and a fine for speeding while you are languishing in jail afterwards!

Driven this lots recently, camera pretty much just after the end of every dual section and another just before the start of the next section, there is another in the middle of the longest single carriageway section.
They also have the speed limit set down to 40 average through the roadworks as you approach Aviemore though there isn't (wasn't) a camera at the start of this part, there are a couple within it, so if your satnav does change onto average like my TomTom then it could mislead through the roadworks section.

Good luck to all.
mark