It just seemed like weather to me? I didn't slow down at any point because of it. Yeah, getting out at John O Groats to be blasted by wind and rain isn't nice - but that's Scotland for you! And yeah, my footwells in the back did fill up with water and I felt cold but again, that's what weather does. Or maybe you've all been spoiled with good weather on the event before.  :P

Certainly could have been worse, at least visibility was reasonable most of the time. Dense fog is the worst weather that we've had in the past. It was like that in 86, all the way down the M6 and M5 not being able to see more than a few yards ahead and not knowing if someone was going to go in the back of you.

Keith

I didn't find the weather that bad either. Truly the was a bit of rain the night between saturday and sunday on the A40 (i think - time is a bit of a haze).

I found the entire event absolutetely brilliant. It was bad luck with the amount of teams retiring.

Cheers
Nick

The fog was tedious, but I was lucky enough to follow someone in so had some red lights to follow (although it was a Peugeot!).

The Rain-ex on the windscreen at Stirling made ALL the difference in the world. All that rain on the M6 to Lancaster and never used the wipers once. Excellent stuff.

Apart from that the weather was fine, really, wasn't it? We weren't held up by it, anyway.

The rain didn't really effect us too much, but driving along with drips on your legs is a bit of an annoyance. It did also make the A30 a bit mad with all the spray from lorries etc, 1 speed wipers cant keep up with it while overtaking.

The fog had the biggest effect over Dartmoor I found, it really did slow us down as it practically has to, however I think this was exacerbated by me getting more annoyed than I should have done with the driving style of the driver in front.

Lovely sunlight in Glencoe and a few other spots though.

I have no recolection of the weather between Lancaster and Oswetry and Gordano and LE on account of my crew very kindly let me sleep like the proverbial baby ;D! Thank you boys :).

I am still buzzing from the absolute joy of the event! Weather was indeed typically Scottish- a good spread of the seasons. I could drone on about how marvellous the whole thing was :) :) :)  

Hehe... Caroline, that was me up your.. uh.. 'tail' so to speak. I reaaaaaly wanted to overtake but James thought it'd be rude (and illegal, however I don't think he'd be too bothered about that). Plus I'm not sure we had the power!
By Sunday afternoon the time for pedestrian driving and braking just in time for speed limit signs while going UP a hill was over, I just wanted to get to the next stop.

Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry.

Sorry.

Archived