Tom Tom POI files for control stops

For those of you who use TOM TOM sat navs, here's a POI file and CT image file that you can load up on to your device with all the RBRR Control stops.

It's in TOM Tom ov2 format. If you have another type of sat nav it should be possible to convert it using POI Edit software which is available for free download from:-  http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

I couldn't download or load it last time,maybe I'll have better luck this time.
Just for back up as with luck we will be sticking to the road book,like we did last time  :X
Still can't work out how we overtook the same car three times within 30 min without said car ever overtaking us  :-/

I had no luck converting the file to Garmin format using poi edit last time, fortunately my Sat Nav still has most of the control stops in it from 2012 that I put in using post codes and coordinates where post codes weren't available.

The post codes are shown in this months Club Torque.
The coordinates for those locations without post codes are in Andy's .csv file

2402 wrote:
Cookie, how do you upload this file. I have a Go50 but The only way I can see to upload is with a memory sd card????

God I'm useless at this.

Chris.

Chris,  
According to Mr. Google you can't for GO50. But I belive if you treat it as a hard drive . IE go to my computer and see the drive which probably be marked as Removable drive you should be able to open that and copy the file in there. But it will need to go in the correct folder. If you google it you should find out where to put it.

cook1e wrote:
For those of you who use TOM TOM sat navs, here's a POI file and CT image file that you can load up on to your device with all the RBRR Control stops.

It's in TOM Tom ov2 format. If you have another type of sat nav it should be possible to convert it using POI Edit software which is available for free download from:-  http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

Cook1e,
      Thanks, it works a treat. The only thing is the logo does not come up on the destination.  Maybr I will have to link it somehow.
It's electrickery

1684 wrote:

Cook1e,
      Thanks, it works a treat. The only thing is the logo does not come up on the destination.  Maybr I will have to link it somehow.
It's electrickery

It may depend on the model whether the logo works or not. Mine is a Start 25 and it works as long as it has the same filename as the POI file and it's a .bmp file.

Useful web link, this takes you to the Tom Tom page with instructions of how to load POI files.   http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13814/~/how-can-i-install-or-remove-third-party-pois%3F

Unfortunatly the facility is not available on all TOm Toms, on the web page it states:-  "Note: This feature is not available on the following devices: START 40, START 50, START 60, GO 40, GO 50, GO 60, GO 400, GO 500, GO 600, GO 5000, GO 6000. "

2402 wrote:
Cookie, how do you upload this file. I have a Go50 but The only way I can see to upload is with a memory sd card????

God I'm useless at this.

Chris.

According to the TOm Tom website the Go50 is one of the models that doesn't support POI files. Bit of a bummer that really!  

8647 wrote:
Files loaded onto my Tom Tom XL and seem to work ok.  Many thanks Cookie, hopefully I won't need them, but if one of us is asleep....zzzzzzz

Richard

I have a Tom tom one xl
Been at it for over an hour and still no joy

Edit
Done it  :)
But are they supposed to be in order  :-/
Mine are listed nearest firsts, not that's any real problem

1344 wrote:

I have a Tom tom one xl
Been at it for over an hour and still no joy

Edit
Done it  :)
But are they supposed to be in order  :-/
Mine are listed nearest firsts, not that's any real problem

Same with me. just means going intp the RBRR POI folder and picking the next control stop.