Cadwell Park 6th May 2008 - Bookings now open

Fredbie

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

davidl wrote:
booked tonight.
the maiden is running well, should be fun on the straight bits.

Dave

Glad to here that you are coming now  :) If you decide to come the night before you are more than welcome to frequent our caravan in Manby, I believe that Tim and some of the others may be going for a Indian in Louth the night before if you are interested just let us know

The Johnson's

Just been to look at progress on my engine. Bearings and rings all came out nice and clean. Broke part of one of the rocker shaft mounting pedestals though! So looks like it will go back together nicely. Hoping to get it back in the car this weekend and MOT tested sometime next week.

Leaving it to the last minute? nah!  :o

Well the good news is that the car is back together again. The bad news is that it's not supplying oil to the rocker shaft and I don't know why (see my other posting on the spitfire forum). Still needs an MOT too.

Here's what it looks like from a rallying point of view (after the first bit!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q6A1xBeKV3E

And this track day is the next round of the CT Driver's Challenge when i fully expect Tim Bancroft to strike back and re-take the lead ;)

What a fantastic day!! Triumphs and sunburn sure beats going to work. I'll download some pics and vids (not so good quality!) later to 'Photobucket' so you can take a look.

Cheers,
Andy(Grey Herald, 48bhp, surely that's enough with drums up front?)

Just got in, bit of an incident on the way home as my header tank blew a hole near Bedford, fixed with Hubba Bubba and Wrigleys spearmint! Ellis and Keith chewed well, horrid smell of strawberries all the way home for 60 miles! The gum worked and allowed for to do 90 all the way round the M25!

What a track Cadwell is, must be done again-its challenging!

Well done, Fred!

As usual exemplary CT driving. Nearly every car had issues, still part of the fun!

Superb track, great camaradirie (as ever) - well done Fred - spot on... and thanks to our friends at MGs on Track - top organisers.

Isn't it amazing and annoying how silly, cheap things can nearly ruin a day. I'll make sure I pack a spare oil filter in future.  ::)

Great day, thanks fred.  Just love cadwell park, its  just a pitty the brakes failed,  never seen the caliper piston melt though the pad before. Got back home with  no problems,  just a bit hairy at times when you had to pull up quick.   got a couple of jobs to do for castle combe.  (bigger brakes)

Once again, a great day, thoroughly enjoyed it. Just checked through my in-car video footage and on the session the battery ran out I missed the moment when Fred was stopped across the circuit in front of Tom and me.

Damn.

Loads of other footage though, which needs editing down. I might have to do a montage of everyone else coming past me!

Thanks to everyone that organised it!

Russell.

Archived