2017 Essex Winter Rally - 19th November

sparky_spit

The sun shone, the wind blowed, and 12 cars left Brightlinsea at 09:45 on Sunday and pitched up about 4 hours later for drinks, food, a natter, and the provisional results.

These have now been checked, a correction made which promotes one crew and unfortunately demotes two crews, and are as follows:

Colin and Michelle Wake - 1st overall and 1st Expert - 3F and 6 Reg points
Pete Jackson and Mark Rutter - 2nd overall and 2nd Expert - 3F and 207 Reg points (as you can see, less points is good)
Tony Pulis and Ellis Stokes - 3rd overall and 3rd Expert - 5F and 3 Reg points
Clive and Lucy Senior - 4th overall and 1st Novice - 5F and 66 Reg points
Stuart Wilson and Steve Dargan - 5th overall and 2nd Novice - 7F and 26 Reg points
Steve Radley and Richard Warr - 6th overall and 3rd Novice - 7F and 59 Reg points
Dale Barker and Nigel Abdullah - 7th overall and 4th Expert - 8F and 39 Reg points
Nathan Billing and Tom Overton - 8th overall and 4th Novice - 12F and 123 Reg points
Bob and Charlie Deards - 9th overall and 5th Novice - 14F and NTR (no time recorded)
Michael Helm and Andy Flexney - 10th overall and 6th Novice - 16F and 103 Reg points
Tim Dafforn and Simon Long - 1st Beginner - 5F and NTR
Ian Cowan and Chris Dyson - 2nd Beginner - 6F and 221 Reg points

There will be an email to all competitors shortly with the above results included, plus a bit of plotting info about the "tricky" Section 3 (12 green spots....) and the "missing" M and K code boards.

Thanks to all crews for making it an enjoyable event (for me anyway...) and I hope you all made it home safely.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from Stuart Wilson
We enjoyed the event, slightly different to the events we normally do but we managed and both came away smiling and very happy with the result

Congratulations Stuart, I'll return my Trophy to Mike at the Christmas meal so he can post it to you.

Thanks Also to my navigator on the day, Richard Warr for his efforts and good company over the weekend. 🙂

Update....The code board M, that was put on the northern loop of the 12 green dots part of section 3, was indeed missing when I picked up the boards. As nobody got this it's safe to assume it must have been taken overnight.

It makes no difference to the results as such and, on the positive side, you all got 1 less fail than you thought you had.

Ill sort out the pictures and email them to you. Will be in separate emails due to file size.

Quoted from Radders

Congratulations Stuart, I'll return my Trophy to Mike at the Christmas meal so he can post it to you.

Thanks Also to my navigator on the day, Richard Warr for his efforts and good company over the weekend. 🙂

Well done Stuart, I'll get my trophy over to Mike as well.

Thanks for the ride out in the pi Steve, what a car!  Gearknob ordered 🙂

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Did you break the gearknob Richard, or have you decided to convert your auto to a manual O/D?

Richard is converting to manual. I have a 'works rally type gearknob' with overdrive switch which I think he liked. (Although the one on Gertie is better quality I have to say)

Thanks for the compliment Richard, yes, the Pi is quite a car. 🙂

Some pictures as promised.  These are resized ones to suit the forum but I have full fat ones I can send if you want to create a mural on your lounge wall at home.  I did try attaching some to emails, but I don't think I'm young enough to live that long for them all to upload to my mail service. There are some others too, but not of all crews I'm afraid.  So, I'll burn them to disc and use low tech Royal Mail to post them to you.  Apologies to those crews I did not manage to capture.