2017 Essex Winter Rally - 19th November

sparky_spit

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My work load has been hectic over the last few weeks, ive had the application filled out ready to send, i just havent had the chance, is it worth me sending it down to you for the reserve list?

If you could let me know and ill get into the post tomorrow morning along with a cheque.

Be gutted if we cant compete as it means we will loose points, my own fault though so no worries of not.

Cheers Nathan

Hi Nathan - History of this event shows that nearly every time, somebody drops out with a few days to go or breaks down on the way there in the morning of the event. Or both. If you are 1st reserve, you stand a relatively good chance of getting in at the last minute, although nothing is certain of course.  Only you can make the decision whether it is worth the risk of travelling down and not getting a run.

Why not send an entry anyway, and I will keep you posted of the current position right up to the night before. If still no withdrawals, on the morning you can decide whether to travel to Essex or not. I can return your entry fee if you decide not to chance it.

Also, you could run as the closing car, going round the course behind the others picking up the code boards for me, using a marked map. You'd get your entry fee back and get marshalling points awarded.  Not everyone's cup of tea, I'll admit, but it might be okay for you if you are just looking for a run out and getting some points.

Hope this may help.

Cheers - Mike

PS - you could sneak into Jon's workshop on the 18th with some tools and "help" him find his leak?  

Quoted from Ellis Stokes
Colin behind the wheel...!  Mr Rutter, I hope you're up for the challenge - that could hand the co-drivers championship to you dear chap.

I am always up for the challenge lets just hope we have a car that can do more than 20mph this year.

Quoted from sparky_spit

Tim Dafforn/Simon Long - TR6 - Beginner
Ian Cowan/Chris Dyson - TR4A - Beginner
Clive Senior/Lucy Senior - Toledo - Novice
Steve Radley/Richard Warr - Mk1 2.5PI/Novice
Michael Helm/Andy Flexney - TR6 - Novice
Jon Fallowell/Joe Fallowell - 2000 Saloon - Novice
Stuart Wilson/Steve Dargan - TR7 - Novice
Dale Barker/Nigel Abdullah - 2000 Saloon - Expert
Charlie Deards/Bob Deards - TR7 V8 - Novice
Tony Pulis/Ellis Stokes - 2500 Mk1 Saloon - Expert
Peter Jackson/Mark Rutter - 2500 TC Estate - Expert
Colin Wake/Michelle Wake - TR6 - Novice

Is it about time the Seniors thought about moving up to expert!  Its a lot more fun, apparently

Quoted from Rutty

Is it about time the Seniors thought about moving up to expert!  Its a lot more fun, apparently

tsch tsch, poor old Lucy has not done any navigating for well over 3 years....and I haven't entered one for a year or so. So we are both distinctly rusty

Quoted from cliftyhanger

tsch tsch, poor old Lucy has not done any navigating for well over 3 years....and I haven't entered one for a year or so. So we are both distinctly rusty

Is it that long seems like only yesterday that you last did a rally. Expert for next year then

Car change noted for team Radley/Warr - thanks.

The question about whether certain crews should be entered as novice or expert ought to be pretty straightforward.  The current rules on this within CT can be found at [Sorry, link no longer available]  and the relevant bit is:

"Promotion.  A navigator will move up from Novice to Expert once he or she has had 3 wins within the current class in CT 12 car events, or in similar events with other clubs. A driver will run at whatever class his or her navigator is currently at."

It is left to the entrant to be honest about this as CT organisors have no means, nor wish, to trawl through past results from other clubs.  I have no doubt that all entrants we have now, and had over the years, have been 100% trustworthy in this respect.  I suppose there could be a case for voluntary promotion should the individual want an extra challenge, and that would be fine with me.

I've had 2 enquiries about remaining places and being on the reserve list/running as closing car, but nothing in the post as yet.  So, if anybody still wants to enter and hope for the best (or worst, from the dropping out crew's point of view) send an entry in soon.

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Hopefully you won't have to pull us out of a ditch this time...

Ah, that would be why the filler fell out last Friday, nothing at all to do with the road just disappearing (well it did kind of, it went into a ford) and definitely nothing to do with the marker post for the ford..

We will send you the bill.

Quoted from Radders

It totally disappeared! I thought I was about to drive off the end of the world! 😲

That's Yorkshire....................

Quoted from Rutty

I am always up for the challenge lets just hope we have a car that can do more than 20mph this year.

I'll have you know 'Pooh Bear' is back to his super normal self........RUTTTTTTTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(pray)

Quoted from Ridgetone Triumph

I'll have you know 'Pooh Bear' is back to his super normal self........RUTTTTTTTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(pray)

That's good as She needs to be fit for next years RBRR.  Saying that She has been playing up since last years RBRR.(think)(dance)