CT Essex Winter Rally, 6th Nov, Entries Open.

sparky_spit

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of changes to the entry list, now in seeded starting order:

Richard Warr/Matthew Roughton - 2000 - Novice
Steve Radley/Dave Maton - 2.5PI Mk1 - Novice
Clive Senior/Gill Senior - Toledo - Novice
Tony Pulis/Chris Banks - Stag - Novice
Jon Fallowell/Alex Joslin - 2000 Mk1 or Acclaim - Novice
Dale Barker/Nigel Abdullah - 2000 Mk1 - Expert
Mike Bishop/Darren Armitage - Spitfire Mk3 - Expert
Pete Jackson/Mark Rutter - 2.5 Estate - Expert
Charlie Deards/Ellis Stokes - 2500S Estate - Expert
Michael Helm/Colin Wake - Dolomite 2L - Expert
Rob Pearce/Iris Chiu - GT6 - Beginner
Darren Redshaw/Maddie Redshaw - 1500TC - Beginner

1st Reserve and Closing Car - Paul Beeson/Jacob Beeson - Spitfire 1500 (Novice)

The weather forecast for Sunday looks promising, so hopefully we will have some brightness without rain. Fingers crossed!

Quoted from thescrapman
I thought Darren had traded Maddie in for someone else??

Cheers

He did; my mistake.  Corrected below:

Richard Warr/Matthew Roughton - 2000 - Novice
Steve Radley/Dave Maton - 2.5PI Mk1 - Novice
Clive Senior/Gill Senior - Toledo - Novice
Tony Pulis/Chris Banks - Stag - Novice
Jon Fallowell/Alex Joslin - 2000 Mk1 or Acclaim - Novice
Dale Barker/Nigel Abdullah - 2000 Mk1 - Expert
Mike Bishop/Darren Armitage - Spitfire Mk3 - Expert
Pete Jackson/Mark Rutter - 2.5 Estate - Expert
Charlie Deards/Ellis Stokes - 2500S Estate - Expert
Michael Helm/Colin Wake - Dolomite 2L - Expert
Rob Pearce/Iris Chiu - GT6 - Beginner
Darren Redshaw/Harlen Milbourne - 1500TC - Beginne

Salt on the roads? Has Essex moved north of the Arctic Circle? Hertfordshire is still basking in balmy late Autumnal weather at around 12 degrees, we're practically still wearing sunblock! Still if 'Issix' has salted roads I will summon the flying herring!

Quoted from Dale
If you could possibly pm me to let me know exactly which roads you have driven in the hunt for salt I would be very grateful Mike 😉

That's okay, I can tell you now in advance.   A120 to Bromley, B1123 to Weeley, B1178 via Thorpe-le-Soken to Holland on Sea, A134 to the junction just in front of Clacton Pier, then go due east for about a mile.

Quoted from sparky_spit
There's no salt around these parts yet as far as I'm aware of.  That might change tonight of course.  I can let you know when I come back from putting out the code boards if you like, but it's likely to be late.

I suppose I was making an assumption based upon the number of mornings that I have had to scrape ice from the screen this week. 4deg outside currently so tomorrow could be another!

Well I'm just back from putting out the boards, nice and earlier than expected.  No sign of grit or gritters, although the main roads may get gritted later tonight I suppose.

The route is all good, even the rallycross section has had it's entrance hedge-cut for a bit so that you can now actually see that it is a road and not a ditch.  It looks to have been cleaned up a bit too; even the dead badger has gone!  My modern fitted down it without scraping the sides this time so it looks like a goer for those who want to include it.  I'll explain more in the crew briefing tomorrow.

See you all at the start in the morning.

Arrived, started (with a tow) compleated section 1 then retired. Gertie's brother didn't like to start once he'd been turned off but then he is a "pi"
  Problematic Injection 😀
shame as he was running really well once going
Cheers mike for organising another rally I was/am begining to understand the gist of navagating these thing as last  

Quoted from Davemate
Arrived, started (with a tow) compleated section 1 then retired. Gertie's brother didn't like to start once he'd been turned off but then he is a "pi"
  Problematic Injection 😀
shame as he was running really well once going
Cheers mike for organising another rally I was/am begining to understand the gist of navagating these thing as last  

Oi! Do you mind. It's Gertie's sister actually (Flo) 🙂

Yes, she didn't really want to start before I left home actually, so I should have swapped to Gertie then. By the time I got home, she still wouldn't start and I had to push her into the garage. The electrics all seem fine, so I think it's possibly low fuel pressure. Investigations to follow.

Hope everyone else had a great day and enjoyed the roads. 🙂

Thank you Mike for a brilliant day. I know we got lost a lot even with a marked map..... Looking forward to doing another event but hopefully with Harlen not on nights. He was really suffering from around midday and losing his concentration towards the end 😉

Harlen has took the map and clues etc to do some homework for the next event we do.....

Many many thanks

Darren

Thanks all for competing today. The weather did stay bright and sunny just long enough, despite the weather forecast. Hope you enjoyed the delights of North Essex and South Suffolk.

The short results are as follows:

Charlie Deards/Ellis Stokes - 2500S Estate - 1st Overall and 1st Expert - 1 Fail and 10 tie points
Clive Senior/Gill Senior - Toledo - 2nd Overall and 1st Novice - 1 Fail and 9 tie points (close or what!)
Dale Barker/Nigel Abdullah - 2000 Mk1 - 3rd Overall and 2nd Expert - 1 Fail and 5 tie points
Michael Helm/Colin Wake - Dolomite 2L - 4th Overall and 3rd Expert - 2 Fails
Mike Bishop/Darren Armitage - Stag - 5th Overall and 4th Expert - 5 Fails and 6 tie points
Richard Warr/Matthew Roughton - 2000 - 6th Overall and 2nd Novice - 5 Fails and 2 tie points
Pete Jackson/Mark Rutter - 2.5 Estate - 7th Overall and 5th Expert - 6 Fails
Tony Pulis/Chris Banks - Stag - 8th Overall and 3rd Novice - 13 Fails
Steve Radley/Dave Maton - 2.5PI Mk1 - 5 Fails - Retired DNF
Jon Fallowell/Alex Joslin - 2000 Mk1 or Acclaim - DNS

Ist Beginner - Rob Pearce/Iris Chiu - GT6 - Beginner
Runner-up Beginner - Darren Redshaw/Harlen Milbourne - 1500TC

There will be a full version of the results, with some specific questions answered that a couple of you asked, sent to all competitors in a day or to.

Cheers,
Mike