CT Essex Winter Rally, 6th Nov, Entries Open.

sparky_spit

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mike for an enjoyable rally even if Poo was misbehaving badly. It was particularly nice for me visiting lots of my old drinking haunts of my miss spent youth.  We do have to raise and official complaint that Poo was sabotaged by another competitor in supplying us with dodgy parts. Therefor all Colin's and Mike's points should pass to Pete and Myself.

Quoted from Davemate
Was our 5 fails all down to the start mike

Sorry Dave, that's a typo by me... it was 1 Fail in the 1st section before you retired.  You missed codeboard "V" so I assume you missed the loop through Bulmer? You had to avoid 851412.

Apologies.  Hope you and Steve got back okay?

Quoted from sparky_spit

Hope you and Steve got back okay?

Thanks Mike. Yes, we did. It was a shame because the car was absolutely on song when running. It just wouldn't start again when switched off.

Three people I have spoken to now all suspect it to be a fuel pressure problem. Hence why my rare day off today will be used to fit my refurbished Lucas fuel pump. Hopefully, that will resolve the issue before I go to Wales at the end of the month.

Thanks for the tow start yesterday. 🙂

Quoted from Radders

Oi! Do you mind. It's Gertie's sister actually (Flo) 🙂

Yes, she didn't really want to start.................

........And what was wrong with your Co Driver????? I made mine get out and 'push Poo' 😀
Must say I love your nick name for your Co Driver.....Flo!!!! Really fits (whistle)(whistle)

(Steve, what's the bet you have virtually not current fed to the pump when you start to crank the starting motor. My race car developed this scenario once and a relay and direct fed was supplied 😉 )

Many thanks Mike for a challenging day, really made Mark think hard and me drive a naughty boy to the end with only 6 or 7 break downs 😀

I'll add our thanks to Mike for a good fun (if very challenging) day.

Quoted from Radders
Three people I have spoken to now all suspect it to be a fuel pressure problem.

Don't know if it's relevant but Harry used to get into a complete-failure-to-start when the battery was even slightly low on charge, not because of any cranking or spark issues but because the fuel pump wouldn't run. Just before the 2010 RBRR I fitted the spare that was in the boot when I bought him and the problem never reappeared.

Well, we're sorry we missed it - but we're well off with points on the championship this year so no big loss.

We also meant to make it down to have a mingle before it got serious but we were a bit late so everyone was deep into plotting by the time we arrived. Hopefully we didn't annoy people too much.

Hopefully we'll see some teams along on the our 12 car next year, probably some time in February or March around Warwickshire. We're in the planning stages, so no details to release yet, but expect the usual fun and games...

Quoted from Ridgetone Triumph

........And what was wrong with your Co Driver????? I made mine get out and 'push Poo' 😀
Must say I love your nick name for your Co Driver.....Flo!!!! Really fits (whistle)(whistle)

(Steve, what's the bet you have virtually not current fed to the pump when you start to crank the starting motor. My race car developed this scenario once and a relay and direct fed was supplied 😉 )

Hi Pete,

Flo is the name for the Pi. I have lots of many other different names for my co-driver. 😀

Also, after a very helpful visit from Mr Wake today, my starting issue turned out to be nothing to do with fuel pressure, or current while cranking, but a gradually expiring electronic ignition distributor.

Fitting my spare lumenition one had the car starting straight away! 🙂

(Many thanks Colin by the way, if you are reading this. 🙂 )