CT Warwickshire Winter 12 Car

Jonny-Jimbo

Hi all,

Now that Mike has announced it on his post, I can confirm that the team that brought you past greats such as the 'Kings and Queens' and 'The Red Herring Rally' (The clue was in the title), we present our latest adventure - The Warwickshire Winter 12 Car, 'A Tale of Two Windmills'.

Full details will be announced soon, but it will start in a similar area of Warwickshire to the previous events, and will finish at a very nice local pub where the teams can relax and have dinner etc. The food is good quality and inexpensive. The pub has a great atmosphere, lots of good beers, friendly staff etc too. And possibly of use, to those with cars of a soft-top nature, roaring open fires in the bar!

As we recognise there is an early start to the event, once again we will be offering refreshments and a light breakfast to teams. Of course, with it being winter, we will be happy to fill Thermos flasks for you (other brands are available - although not Russell Brand, you can keep him).

The route will be split into 4 sections, and will be available for Beginner, Novice and Expert.

Mileage for the route will not exceed 80 miles, and will be navigated by a series of different clues.

There may well be a photographer on route and at the start/finish venue so we will hopefully get some good photos.

As the event is a half day, rather than a full day, the cost is less than the summer event, exact details to be finalised soon.

So, SAVE THE DATE, 28TH FEBRUARY 2016!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or those that are 'under the thumb' will be made to choose between which weekend they get to participate in. On the other hand, I'm still undecided about the Stoneleigh weekend, and won't be dragging AJ round with me - she's not into Autojumbles.

Still, finalising details at the moment for the rally and all seems good so far, found some great roads, and unlike a treasure hunt you can enjoy the drive and not be stopping every few miles! If the roads were fun in a Diseasel Volvo S60 Auto then they gotta be fun in a Triumph.

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening everyone, please find attached the entrant paperwork for the 2016 Warwickshire Winter Rally.

The route I am using will take in a wide range of roads, from narrow single track lanes, fast b-roads and A-roads, and great lanes. It is a 'CRO' route, so no car breakers, all is sealed surface, although being February, it might get a bit muddy out there. I have driven the route a few times now to check it all is okay, and there are some lovely little villages along the way, great architecture (if you keep your eyes open!) and some of Warwickshire's finest scenery (okay, it's not the sea side).

The navigation will be the usual mix of navigation types, as used in other CT events. All instructions will have a full explanation at the briefing.

You may also notice that the entry fee is slightly lower than the mid-summer events I have run. This is mainly due to the event being a half day event, so rental fee of the start venue is reduced (2 hours rather than 8 hours for the summer event).

Once again, due to the early start time I will be providing a light breakfast and tea and coffee etc on arrival. With the event possibly being very cold due to being in Feb, you are welcome to bring Thermos flasks etc I can fill up at the start.

This is NOT a treasure hunt, but a 12 car navigation rally.

The start venue is Fillongley Village Hall, which is very close to the start venues used previously, and around 2 miles from Canley Classics.

The event is just shy of 80 miles long, and is timed to around 4 hours.

I hope to have a full contingent of 12 cars, across the three classes of Beginner, Novice and Expert. As before, the Beginner class will be non-competitive, and can either tour round using a marked map, or the clues provided to the Novice teams. The beginner class will be based on a series of questions based around the route.

As usual, any questions, please either PM me, or ask on here.

Thanks, look forward to seeing you in two months!

Excellent, thanks for the support chaps, I'm hoping that it'll be an enjoyable event for everyone, no matter what class is selected.

Like the Warwickshire Scatters I run, if I have a few spaces left I'll open it to non-Triumph's, but I will insist they are classics in keeping with the event etc, so cars built within the time frame that Triumphs were in production for. However, it would be fantastic to have an all Triumph event!

Cheers Mikey and Charlie, look forward to seeing you there. The more entries the merrier!

Next application has arrived, so the new entry list is;

Beginner
Rob Pearce / Iris Chiu - Cambridgeshire - GT6 Probably

Novice
Richard Warr / Lynn O'Halloran - Worcs - 2000 Mk1

Expert
Barry Marsh / Paul Marsh - Bucks/London - Vitesse 2L
Mike Helm / Colin Wake - Essex - Dolomite

Couple more waiting on the door mat this evening, keep them coming please!!

Beginner

Novice
Dave Maton / Steve Raddley - Herts/Essex - 2000 (2.5) Mk1

Expert
Dale Barker / Nigel Abdullah - Herts - 2000 Mk1

Another one yesterday... Getting there, but a few more would be nice 😉. Any first timers willing to give it a try??

Beginner

Novice
Dave Maton / Steve Raddley - Herts/Essex - 2000 (2.5) Mk1

Expert
Dale Barker / Nigel Abdullah - Herts - 2000 Mk1
Mike Bishop / Darren Armitage - Essex / Lancashire - Stag

Well, entry closes before the event so I can finalise numbers, sort catering, book tables in the pub etc, so a late entry may be possible, but I wouldn't want to promise anything, plus you'll need time in advance to buy the correct map etc. However, you would still be very welcome to join us.

Hi Jon

Great. I will pop my entry form in the post tomorrow. What form do the navigation hints take for the novice section?  The reason I am asking is that I am considering whether my 10 year old son could act as my navigator or whether I need to ask one my Triumph owning mates along.

Regards

Bruce