how many miles did you do this weekend?

As we pulled into the plough, we clocked 1961 miles from the start, only half a mile of the roadbook so we must have gone wrong somewhere.......
Missed out the A466 in Wales, mainly due to the worsening weather. Did all the rest though, add on 295 miles each way from Newcastle to the Plough gives 2550, more in 3 days than in most of the last ten years......

Mark

We did approx 2015 miles if we take off the mileage to and from the plough as I set mine to zero when I filled up with fuel before leaving home.

We did have a couple of minor detours;
- On the A1 near Stamford around the back of RAF Wittering to avoid the Traffic.
- Missed the A68 Jedburgh turning at Corbridge and had to go to the next roundabout on the dual carriage way to turn araound.
- Left the A9 to go to a 24 Hour Tesco for petrol at Inverness.
-Went to the 1st & last house at JOG for photo's before breajkfast as we were very early.
- There was the Wales section that had changed due to the bridge closure, I think this may have been slightly longer.
- We took a slightly different route between Pimperne and Didcot using the A303 and then straight up the A34.

Car 19 recorded 2041 for the run itself, plus 322 to and from the start = 2,363.  Just as well I extended the limited mileage......

We were mostly on the official route except between Pimperne and Didcot where we detoured to avoid a military convoy and take in zig-zag hill, happily missing some of the traffic chaos in the process.

Nick

I'm amazed how many people used a different route from pimperne to didcot.
The roads in the route book are excellent,particularly the collingbourne to hungerford part and then the bit round wantage.
All the cars stuck on the A34 did'nt need to be there, the only time we went near the A34 was to go under it at didcot itself.
I also really liked the route from didcot to the plough very nice (bar the speed bumps).

Cant say what my mileage was as I kept resetting my trip to ensure I didnt run out of fuel. :-/

I'll second that Alex, the route from Pimperne to Didcot was a great drive, a lot of navigating involved but worth it.
It was quick too, we followed a couple of cars (who I won't name) out of pimperne but they turned off to take a 'short cut' up the A34. We got to Didcot a long time before they did!

Keith

302.4lt of fuel used.

33mpg.

It was thrashed by me, driven by someone else who wasn't experienced at all, running with no power (I stuggled to go up hills in Dartmoor) for 1/3 of the run and has no overdrive. So... :)

I didn't get a chance to hand in my reciepts to the people at the end so I hope someone has done far better than me! Book figure for the convertible is 25mpg.

My speedo is way out due to messing with diff ratios and tyres but sat nav recorded 2002 for the run, which takes in a couple of getting lost times by my trusty crew, 28.02 mpg, not bad for a 2.5 but she is in top mechancial condition with newly refubished carbs and a rolling run tune up before the start.
Apart from some"spirited" driving by me (my team says, personally I thought it was quite calm!) we stuck to the speed limits, we were never the earlyist anywhere, nor the latest

Archived