• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overnight carrier isn't cheap, Ferny.  Payment is needed and I'm looking forward to the ten polo mint holes.

I'll add them to the holes I've recently obtained from an Emmental fan.  Loves the cheese, hates the holes.  Picked up a bargain, I think you'll agree.

My magazine arrived this morning and the form is on its way.   Hopefully the post will come up trumps or I'll be seriously disappointed.

My RBRR's so far are:-

1998/2000/2002 - in Stag DUY736S (wished I'd never sold it now!)

2006/2008 - in 2.5 PI Mk2.  (broke down 40 miles from John O'Groats in 2006, which is a bl##dy long way from Dorset  :'( ).

2010 - it will have to be the PI again and no GT6.  

Here's to a great run for all of you entering.
Nick J.

My form arrived today too, (with the magazine :)) and luckily my co-driver dad has just arrived with my mum for a few days with us.
I will be posting the entry this afternoon and including payment for 3 people.
One question that I have for you Tim (or Jason) is whether there is a lower limit, age wise, for co-drivers/passengers?
Our theme is three generations of Radford, my Dad, my son and me.  My son will be 11years old by then!
I have assumed that the cost is the same for all participants and trust that if my son cannot participate that I can add another name or get a refund.

Cheers Colin

timbancroft61 wrote:
Colin,

New ruling is that we do not charge entry for juniors, therefore just £130.00.

Tim

Oh b***er, already posted off with chq for £195 before I saw your reply, better send Mr. Chinn a pm!

Thanks for the reply Tim.

Cheers Colin.

Got home, opened mag, checked what page the RBRR entry was on, filled it in, (which b****r was having a laugh with the index pages then :-/ ) realised it was the Essex 12 car entry then turned on a few pages to the RBRR entry, wrote check, up to post office after a failed desperate search for stamps in the kitchen, and to the postbox. Should have been collected at 6pm :)
So a Toledo should be entering!

I am actually a postman but today was my day off and I was at home sweeping the chimney (never done that before either) when Gary (our postman) arrived and as the mail hit the ground with a particularly heavy thunk (is that a word? It's the noise of mail hitting the floor) I thought that must be the magazine. Needless to say the form and cheque were in the post 20 minutes later.

This will be (assuming it doesn't get lost in the post, you cant trust these postmen) my first Run since 1994. I always swore I would only do it in a 1300 and mine was off the road for nine years. I had a succession of Dolomites as stop gaps but I thought that was a bit too easy, it had to be a FWD or not at all. Can't wait.

FloydP wrote:
Add another GT6 to the list Tim, my cheques in the post.
Thought about doing it in the Stag but remembered the "reliability" bit of RBRR so thought the GT6 would be a safer albeit more uncomfortable bet.
Floyd.

Wot u worried about Floyd?  My Stag sounds like a bag of old nails, but it did 3k miles happily on the 10CR - even in 30 deg Spanish heat, has been in daily use for work since and has just come back from 1k+ trip for Nachrict.  The only way to be confident in them is to use em!

Archived