• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am already excited and still a year to go.

Note to self - PUT VERY LARGE LABEL ON FILLER TO REMIND TO USE PETROL & not to fill up with Diesel in Wales :) Mind you it sounds as if we will be lucky to find anywhere to fill up in Wales this time, so should be safe.

Well the entry has gone in to the void... although there are lots of stickers on it with "Guaranteed Saturday Delivery" and the amount it cost it better turn up tomorrow!...so who knows when it will arrive!

My first RBRR in 06 was entered at Stonleigh... and now in December it's half full... as a chip shop owner once said "..is carzy init.."

Quote:
"Guaranteed Saturday Delivery" and the amount it cost it better turn up tomorrow

I know what you mean.   I only did a 'next day' because the wheel on the Dorset Post Office's cart was broken and it cost me £4.95 to get somone to ride through the night on horseback with it!  I almost banged my head on the P/O counter when I fell to the floor.   :o  

Too important to take a chance though.

After last time I did not think that the entry would go as fast as that again-I am surprised at the take up of places-I thought the Recession and cost of fuel would reduce numbers.

Therefore, massive thanks to all who have entered the event, thanks for the support and show of faith in this teriffic car event!

I am very pleased about the number of new crews taking part-at pres. about 25%-marvellous!

bobyspit wrote:
Is there an entry list yet? and one other subject! RBRR COUNTER :P

We are in a at No 59 Rob

We are doing it in Rob's Spitfire this time :o  Will it go all the way round :-/

Still we can always swap cars halfway round if we develop any problems..................................................................

I know that it is against the rules to do so, because it is proving the cars reliability and we would not officially finish but if you start you've got to try and finish ;)

tiggrr1 wrote:

We are in a at No 59 Rob

We are doing it in Rob's Spitfire this time :o  Will it go all the way round :-/

Still we can always swap cars halfway round if we develop any problems..................................................................

I know that it is against the rules to do so, because it is proving the cars reliability and we would not officially finish but if you start you've got to try and finish ;)

just put a spare engine in boot regards michael

yogi wrote:
Entry number 91, Gerhard Berger? Really?

A weird Freudian slip - it's Gerhard Bose! Sorry - now corrected.

I've had a few more entries to me via the Club stand at the NEC and teh miracke of the internet (OK so they were thrust in Tim's hand and he's scanned them and emailled them over). We are now up to 96 entries!

I think it is important to remember that in 2008, we had 112 starters and 93mo. finishers.

Total no. of entrants was 147, therefore 35no. withdrew before the event.

I am afraid that we will have to limit the event to 100no starters, space for parking and catering issues making this reduction necessary.

Yay !! We're in, by the skin of our teeth - car 97 together with my neighbour Andy with his immaculate Toledo 1300 as car 98 :) :) :) - Lots of winter prep to do this year - think a sports exhaust manifold is called for and some serious engine work.

Archived