• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted mine - 2 entries in the envelope as a fellow club member who lives next door is entering his Toledo.

I've entered the Spitfire now its back on the road after it's 10CR hiccup - nice to see it on the front of Club Torque this month :) - Thanks Dale - who took the photo?

timbancroft61 wrote:
About time, we changed Colin aka thescrapman's forum name to 'The Voice of Doom'-lighten up old son!

You said the same last time as well! And lots of people nearly missed out.

But then you don't have your mail go through Chelmsford like us poor unlucky Essexers.

:-(

You will have to open the entries to 200 or 300 if the popularity keeps increasing.

I still think my idea of multiple start points could work.....

:-)

In the meantime, are yyou running a reserves list?

Colin

36 entries are in and I have put a quick update on my blog. I will do the same for tomorrow's post. Some of those "entries" in my post bundle were indeed not entries at all, sad but true there was a bill or two in there for me, no birthday cards :-)

In all seriousness, I haven't figured out a fair way to allocate specific start numbers without creating another admin headache so apart from giving myself no 13 to avoid any superstitious whinging, I just number the entries as I open them.

Mikey B came out on top for once, it's so unlike him to be first in the queue that I thought it must be good karma. Now I see Colin's worrying about the post when his entry's as Mike's co-driver is in and sorted!

Jason wrote:

Mikey B came out on top for once, it's so unlike him to be first in the queue that I thought it must be good karma. Now I see Colin's worrying about the post when his entry's as Mike's co-driver is in and sorted!

Yahooo!    Nowt wrong with the post in Chelmsford then - must be that dodgy black hole of Colchester where Colin comes from :-)

Now where did I stash that 1300TC? - It hasn't seen the light of day since 1996  :-/

MikeyB wrote:

Yahooo!    Nowt wrong with the post in Chelmsford then - must be that dodgy black hole of Colchester where Colin comes from :-)

Now where did I stash that 1300TC? - It hasn't seen the light of day since 1996  :-/

I think maybe it's a black hole because Colin lives there?

As for the 1300TC, didn't it last turn a wheel in anger on a RBRR?

Strange to note that a certain member, lets call him Mr B, has told us on innumerable occasions that there won't be a problem getting an entry on the RBRR and there's no need to rush.

Check out entry No. 36, which arrived on the first day that the entry list was open.

No rush, eh? ;)

Jim.

Jason wrote:

Because he is as tight as a gnats chuff I expected him to put a second class stamp on it.

I can be happy now!

:-)

Colin

posted mine this morning, didn't get home in time last night to make last nights post. Club torque only arrived yesterday.  Hope we get an entry, 2007 I sent the entry the day after and was car 98. Where as in 2005 we didn't enter untill january and still got  a run, how times gave changed

Jason wrote:

I think maybe it's a black hole because Colin lives there?

As for the 1300TC, didn't it last turn a wheel in anger on a RBRR?

Not quite the last time it turned a wheel in anger, it had a year back on the road about 15 years ago, and was used at Mikes Wedding.

Still fitted with the engine we shagged on the RBRR in 1990.

And yes to being frantic if thrashed, so we will be taking it easy and just having a relaxing journey.

That said it will need to rev to 8k when Mike is relaxing and taking it easy........   8)

Colin

Archived