Once again RED is the color for the run!  ;D Of the 100 entrys:
27 are red
22 are Blue
18 are White
12 each, Green & Yellow
1 each, Damson, Brown, Black, Silver  :)
1 No Color

Of course mine is RED~(woot)  GO RED!  LOL

We Need A Big 2000 Estate in RED so the Cheer ~ GO BIG RED (dance)

Red should be confined to fire engines.

Having worked on more than my fair share of Triumph's over the years I find myself preferring any of the weird, and less popular colours over red (yes even Sienna 'turd' brown). Give me a Saffron, Magenta, Java, Cactus, Mallard, or Renoir car, over red any day.

Why is it most Triumph sports cars have turned red, and why do punters paint their diffs, gearbox's, and engine's red? Did Triumph make a fire engine? They must have done judging by how many red exchange units we get back.

Goody wrote:
27 are red
22 are Blue
18 are White
12 each, Green & Yellow
1 No Color

I could always paint the 4x4 estate RED - its going to need a full repaint anyway.

mike

Slimboyfat wrote:
Red should be confined to fire engines.

Having worked on more than my fair share of Triumph's over the years I find myself preferring any of the weird, and less popular colours over red (yes even Sienna 'turd' brown). Give me a Saffron, Magenta, Java, Cactus, Mallard, or Renoir car, over red any day.

Why is it most Triumph sports cars have turned red, and why do punters paint their diffs, gearbox's, and engine's red? Did Triumph make a fire engine? They must have done judging by how many red exchange units we get back.

My Stag was red from the factory, and the engine and diff are still black

mike

Goody wrote:
27 are red
22 are Blue
18 are White
12 each, Green & Yellow
1 No Color

Well fisrt of all I noticed you only mention one Damson entry when I had already seen two, myself and number 39 a Damson Stag, so I did a quick bit of mental arithmatic and the above figures only add up to 96! At least I think so, I treble checked it but only in my head so I may have made the same mistake three times.

Damson is of course a shade of red but I suspect a lot of people don't know what their exact shade is called. That would have made the list more interesting (to us obsessive compulsive types anyway).

The shade would be good but the trouble is that I don't get that detail on all the entry forms, most give me what you see there "Red" not Signal or Pimento or anything else, just Red - which is fine because the information's only really for spotting cars on the road. Also, there are many non-standard coloured cars and many cars where the owner doesn't actually know what the shade is - "It's all purple to me" :-)
There is a car with no colour - that's the three Steve's Herald - I blame Steve for not filling the form in correctly.
Another anomaly is engine size - a Triumph 2000 is not a 2000cc car, it's a 1998cc, unless it's had a re-bore! It's all fun for the detail people  8)

I sit corrected:  :o
First 100, 3 Damson, 2 Brown.  :P

RESERVE LIST:  RED STILL AHEAD!  ;D
3 Red
2 Brown
2 White
1 Each: Green, Black and Mengenta.  (cool)

I understand Chris Allen will marshell, that's makes anouther RED car "MOE"

I assume as last time Team Shorts will have RED Boxers  ??) With little Hearts on em!

Goody wrote:
I assume as last time Team Shorts will have RED Boxers  ??) With little Hearts on em!

Hi Goody

Rob has christened the team "Team Insulated Shorts" this time around as we are doing the RBRR in his Spitfire (if its running at the time ;) ;D :o )

I'm sure we will find something suitable to wear.........................................

Goody wrote:
27 are red
22 are Blue
18 are White
12 each, Green & Yellow
1 No Color

How about a big RED 2500S estate? That's what we will be going in (team no.6) or as a standby we have the pi, which is BLUE, I hope this doesn't mess up the stats too much.  ;)

Colin.

GO BIG RED! (dance)

Team 6 line does not state it is an Estate.  

I think the color is the main body color, not strips, rust spots, repairs in primer and the like.

Simple: Raiders, White, Red, Blue TR would put classed White.  

Insulated Shorts?  I did see that, took it to mean you were to have "Depends" on under em.

Note: Painted Sheep will not be included on this list! (naughty)

Goody wrote:
I sit corrected:  :o
First 100, 3 Damson, 2 Brown.  :P

RESERVE LIST:  RED STILL AHEAD!  ;D
3 Red
2 Brown
2 White
1 Each: Green, Black and Mengenta.  (cool)

Your right, three Damson, I missed the third one as it's on a white background. If that was meant to confuse me it worked. We could have a Team Damson, excellent.

If I now got this right:

Entry 100 is RED
Entyr  44 is listed red but is hand painted Damson?  3 in a Herald will make you see RED!

If so that makes 28 Red and 4 Damson

RED still on top:   Hint, Hint, are the chubby ones gonna enter a Fire Engine? With a Pink Diff?

Backup cars are not included and will only change the stats if they enter, Our backup car is White.  

Archived