Blimey Tim, who is going to man Gordano this year then. Jim's shoes are big ones to fill, a familiar and friendly face is essential at Gordano (along with a large coffee), it has to be the point of lowest ebb for me after the thrills of Wales. Gordano has almost become a word in it's own right meaning 'tired beyond belief'.

Colin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one or two people up my sleeve for Gordano-Martin Cox will hopefully come over and run the Control, as he has done for years.

I have a big stick with a hook on it and once I know that ex RBRR entrants are not doing the event, they get the call-Nick Jones, Andy Pearce etc etc. For the 19 or so Controls we need 45 people to Marshal.

We are currently team 102 here is what we shall be using she is going to get a spruce up in the the Spring and hopefully by the time RBRR comes round she will be wearing her Dunlop 5.5 Lp923 and have a 2.5 in there. I believe the last owner did the RBRR in her in 2012

Hi Ian,

Not sure the car was used for the 2012 event.

Joe Welling entered a Vitesse 6 which I know he still has.

Is the car the one that was owned by Jonathan Fallowell ? He was going to use it, but changed to the 2000 mk1 that he had bought from Alex Chandler. If so it was owned by Karl Dandridge and won the 'RBRR Car of the Event'award back in 2008-I think.

Will look like a Vitesse 6 works rally car when it has the 5.5Js on it.

Andy Martin is not using 6002 VC this time, will be in his TR4A.

Hi Tim

As dodgy as this sounds I never met the previous owner when I bought her I collected her from the garage that looked after her , Cunningham Motors in Thetford. It was whilst there he  mentioned she had done the RBRR but its quite possible I misheard.  :)

Ian

I think i know that car and previous owner, It did the HCR a couple of years ago but not the RBRR,

Should be sending my entry in soon, Then will have a reason to get my mk1 estate on the road, Only needs complete rebuild and painting, but other peoples cars keep getting in the way. If all else fails will use the mk2 pi which did it in 2008

Cheers Andy

timbancroft61 wrote:
Hi Ian,

Not sure the car was used for the 2012 event.

Joe Welling entered a Vitesse 6 which I know he still has.

Is the car the one that was owned by Jonathan Fallowell ? He was going to use it, but changed to the 2000 mk1 that he had bought from Alex Chandler. If so it was owned by Karl Dandridge and won the 'RBRR Car of the Event'award back in 2008-I think.

Will look like a Vitesse 6 works rally car when it has the 5.5Js on it.

Andy Martin is not using 6002 VC this time, will be in his TR4A.

Jonathan's starts BWC.

• 2 weeks later...

willows40 wrote:
I think i know that car and previous owner, It did the HCR a couple of years ago but not RBRR,

Should be sending my entry in soon, Then will have a reason to get my mk1 estate on the road, Only needs complete rebuild and painting, but other peoples cars keep getting in the way. If all else fails will use the mk2 pi which did it in 2008

Cheers Andy

It was the HCR she competed there is a picture on page 56 in the latest Club Torque that she is in . My mistake I need to listen  :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Entry 51,- making progress,slowly..., the shakedown revealed  a lot of rubbish in the tank leading to  filter blockages and poor fuel delivery . Replacement tank has been sourced and will be fitted this week, there will be further issues but i am ever the optimist. The car will be on the CT stand at the classic car show Bristol/Bath showground on 16 June. Some recent photos are attached,
    cheers,
        Laurence

• 3 weeks later...