Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I have done nothing to the car, still not sure which car will be used on the 10CR :-/
I hope to work on the carburator linkage this weekend to get a shorter pedalstroke. Maybe tinker a bit with the full throttle position off the carbs, see if it makes a difference ....
But that's more preparation for the Nachtrit in november  ;D

Ha ha ha - I think I can allow that with just one, as it's a founder member of the 10CR...

I think you're right Tim, had about 10 e-mail enquiries as well... Make sure your entries and cheques are in the post pronto once the mag is received next month. I'll obviously be running a reserve list, but at the moment 50 is the limit (because I said so in case anyone asks :P - seriously, it's due to admin & stops, much the same as the RBRR).

Progress?  A couple of weeks after a successful RBRR I nipped out to the shops and the electronic iginition has bust  :-/   Before moving house I had a spare in the garage but buggered if I can find it now....

Cheque WILL be in the post as soon as the mag arrives though  8)

Malcolm.

Still not quite ready to fire her up, but getting very close! Lovely new braided fuel hoses fitted, along with all the additional wiring for o/d, fan, alternator, etc., and today I was able to play with the air horns, fuel pump, lights and electric fan (don't stand too close or it'll suck you in - makes a Dyson look like a feeble sucker!!!)

Well the Shed and Taxi wont be going on the 2007 10CR as I wont be doing it,but  I will  be taking the "Shed to the Med"  with Ben my RBR co-driver and possibily the Taxi if a couple of mates come along not sure when we are going as it depends on shift paterns etc but no doubt the the prep will be last minute and shed like!

Found that one of the lovely new braided hoses on the GT6 is leaking! slowly enough to not notice but enough to make the brake pedal go to the floor after a day or so of bleeding.

Another thing to add to the list of things to do before the car goes out properly.

Hood fitted today. The seats WERE ready to go back in, then we noticed they didn't look quite right. It turns out the trimmer (a professional!) had put the LH foam in the RH seat and vice-versa. I took the seats back to him and I'll pick them up again on Monday. I'll be driving it a week from now!!!

Archived