Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

Hmmm - so there's an orders to add to mine :-)

Who's your contact for batch making Dave?? Wonder how many we have to get made to bring the price to a realistic circa £350 a piece retail price? Outlay will be a bit hefty though - get 10 made for circa £2000, still what are credit cards for afterall ?? Sorry - thinking aloud in the wrong thread again!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I delivered the rolling shell to the painters today. They reckon it'll be ready a week tomorrow !! I also dropped the short engine off to be freshened up. I reckon it's done over 30,000 miles since it was put together (ex Rimmers short engine with new block, standard pistons etc). This includes 2 RBRR's, a 10CR, and 18 months as a daily driver, and yet the timing chain guides are barely marked and you can still see the original honing marks in the bores. All the combustion chambers in the head were a nice sandy brown colour and there's hardly any crud on the valves at all. Drive it hard and change the oil regularly, works for me !

(been quite a day really, got up at 4am, trailered the shell to the paint shop in Coventry, dropped the engine off at Canleys, then nipped up to Bolton to pick up a set of Dolomite seats in black that I won on the 'bay for £10, then back to Hampshire, I'm bloody exhausted but chuffed that the car is really underway  ;D)

Quoted from davesideways

Show off :)

Every dog has it's day, your will come :-) How's it going anyway? One thing has been bugging me about your side exit zorst - where is the pipe from the manifold to the can going to go? Won't you drastically reduce ground clearance by routing it sideways?

Don't forget Driver/Co Driver preparation.

Here we have Carl showing us how he managed to do 18 hours in the driving seat without getting up for a poo and me showing how to take care of other bodily fluids - I think the caption should be "Immodium and some empty bottles, keeps you in the driving seat all day long"

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a trial fit of the supercharger. Shorrock originally specified the Herald twin carb cast iron manifold, but I'd to fit the MkII Spitfire branch manifold instead. Only problem is the inlet manifold turns back too close to the side of the head to allow the branches of number 2 and 3 to fit. So the plan is to step the inlet manifold out, necessitating the modification or removal of the engine bay valences. I'm not the greatest fan of Herald engine bay valences, so we're going to see if the radiator can be fixed a-la Spitfire style.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived