Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

davesideways wrote:
56days ;)

Hmm no progress here atm :)

Just about to buy an AC/DC Tig Welder with Plasma cutter, so that should speed things up, once I learn to use it :) I can then weld, alloy, titanium, inconel, copper, steel, stainless, bronze ;D Also cut through sheet metal like butter with the plasma option :) Cuts through stuff like body panels as fast as you can move the gun...

hmmm would come in handy for when im movin the engine back ;)

Radio in and working properly (not important, but wife will be happier)
Passenger seat re-fitted, and securely this time with ALL 4 BOLTS! haha (important right?)
Coil wired in correctly (so less chance of it catching fire)

Going to attack the tuning of the carbs later or tomorrow (not done it before, I'm just gonna fiddle and read a lot until it seems like tis running ok)

The big question is, do we go with the hardtop or the softtop - I was tempted to go with the softtop, it's not great but it works and keeps most of the weather out. However the car is far better with the hard top on for long distances and with the recent rain, rain and more rain I'm inclined to leave it on!

PI re-plumbed but all around me is pretty flooded at the moment so a test drive before tomorrow isn't gonna happen. I think I'll do the wheel bearings tomorrow, I want to measure the seals as I've kinda come to a dead end with the Nilos seals idea - I just can't picture how they work! :-)

davesideways wrote:
Theo, I didn't know they had such steep hills in Holland?

Hill ... that's only a bridge. Just put the car on and wait for a boat to pass underneath so the bridge has to be raised. Good way to test the handbrake :P

If you don't believe that I'll try another explanation  ;D

timbancroft61 wrote:
Get that o'd box in!

Just now I ripped out the pedal box - it felt so good removing that horrid wide automatic brake pedal...

Hopefully it will stay light enough for me to complete installation of the new pedals this evening.

Steering coupling changed at last! Lights changed, PRV re-plumbed - bloody horn won't work properly though, well one will and if I connect another neither work! It's not the horns and the wiring looks OK - I'm beat!

Archived