Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got to to Plan K last night Tim!

And that doesn't bear thinking about...

Plan B is the Sprint. Needs full BRake overhaul
Plan C is the the Tr7V8, needs a heater and all the rear suspension rebushing. Bit thirsty, but will sound great.
Plan D is the Mk2 PI. Needs fuel pump, alternator, starter and a paint job. And some altitude awareness.
Plan E is the Spitfire. Needs some front suspension and some comfortable seats.
Plan F is the GT6. Needs a diff and it's TOO BLOODY NOISY!!!!!! Discounted.
Plan G is the Mk1 2000. Needs more power! Lots more! A possibility.
Plan H is the 1850 auto. Needs the TR7 engine fitting when he remembers where he left it. Discounted.
Plan J is the 1300fwd. Can't afford the oil. Discounted.
Plan K, take the MX-5 and petend he isn't with us!

:-)

Colin

doug_foreman wrote:
...Pearson prob hasn't even decided which car he's going to use let alone started work on it

I might have to break with tradition this time and just fettle something that is already t & t'd rather than start a chassis up rebuild on a likely candidate the week before the off. A CT endurance event has always been a good excuse for me to put one of the fleet back on the road but I don't think it's going to happen this time. It might be something to do with the fact that we are busy, or more likely common sense tells me I shouldn't be starting to build a 22' long Herald 3 weeks before an event, or doing a full engine build on a Stag a couple of week before, or dragging a TR5 out of storage the week before when it hasn't turned a wheel for more than 10 years. Nah that's just silly.........

Hmmn, it's looking like I've caught something from you Dave!

Stag's back out taxed and tested after a 10 year rest (albeit with a duff engine  :( )

Gonna drag the Sprint out today after a 4 year rest, with a view towards getting it MOT worthy.  

Gotta few more plans to work on after that!

Well all the plans to get some time at the car have evaporated. Project finished and there's a re-organisation at work being announced tomorrow but I've been offered a job elsewhere in the empire - India :-) UK based but nevertheless some serious travel involved. Now my dear old Gran has taken a tumble so I'm off on a mercy mission tomorrow - that leaves this weekend before I go on holiday for 17 days! I return to organise a trip out to India straight after the 10CR - gotta get taking my malaria tabs - looks like I'll be out there so often I'll always be on them!! Ahhhh!! Life's too complicated.

I put my blue 100watt headlights in though :-) Nice :-)

Mike,

No way am I organised, look how long its taking me to sort the Herald- slow or what.

My life is about to change as I have to get stuck in on the 2008 RBRR- in fact I should state that as past tense, I went down to meet next years Charity this afternoon, top lot as well.

BTW take no notice of Colin, he's as bad as you- you two are ill!

Huh, at least you know which car you are taking Col!  

Fitted Sierra top strut needle bearing to one side of the TR today, nearly gave myself a hernia trring to lift the strut complete with large vented disc back up the turret!

Just doing one side seems to have made a noticeable improvement!  Popped the balljoint rubbers off and applied more grease, track rod end was fairly dry and stiff, may be worth changing them too.

:)

My engine was smoking a bit on overun (ok, a lot) but drove ok and still had plenty of power. So today I decided to pull the engine to bits to find out what was up. 4 broken rings - the top 1 from each cylinder, oops!
Also found half of the cam followers were knackared :-( Oh well, glad I didnt decide to just leave the engine alone because it still ran!
I was hoping to sort an o/d box out for the run too, but getting a box and ALL the assosciated bits is proving too expensive! Might just try and find a lower ratio diff instead! 4 weeks....plenty of time!

Ben

Archived