Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Herald ,engine still in a few pieces ....need new pistons..well not the pushfit ones i fiited last time anyway...anyone got a set of new +30th herald pistons sitting on their shelf?
Going autotesting today,luckily TWMC have a club car , take my mind off things mechanical..will have a day at it tomorow doing all the 10cr prep leaving just the engine to finish and fit

Just poly bushed the arb, renewed a length of fuel/breather pipe (My word the Pi has a convuluted fuel pipe system, I think a breather must go up the rear os roof pillar?

Also cleaned out the rear light lenses, Colin W warned me sometime ago that my lights were a bit dim, he was right- full of rotten muck!

Just about to change the brake pads.
Also gonna fit the cibie spots I bought years ago for the car.

Tomorrow will be spent attempting to get her look a bit tidier, no more mottled paint- good camouflage for a boat, but a bit unecessary on a car!

Really looking forward to the event now. Bring on the Alps!

Well a good day on the car... finished the welding and changed the front pads to that hopefully will give more feeling than no brakes, No Brakes, NO BRAKES, LOCK UP, SKID, watch that scaffolding, what scaffolding ?, bang... :'(

She'll be going round Europe still with the battle scars that Scotland provided her with and wear them with pride !!

Fingers crossed for the MOT on Tuesday... ;)

Good luck everyone else - come on, you can do it !!! ;D

Gotta say I am getting fed up with car work these days, also I find I creak when I finish, my left knee is playing up and my back!?
I used to be able to work on cars for 12 hurs and not worry, these days, I keep stopping for a coffee break! I am getting old.

Anyrate, just a few jobs before tomorrow's MOT: re-fit the boot trim and wash the old car.

Blimey Col, that's twice this year!!

I've been progressing slowly.  Crank polished, components cleaned/painted  - engine is pretty much ready for re-assembly - just hope I have got all the bits!  Rear drive end is all painted and poly bushed, just awaiting delivery of a diff backplate - fingers crossed tomorrow!  Brake and clutch cylinders all replaced or rebuilt, still need a clutch slave kit - my "in stock" one was different - doh!

Progress . . . . . . . .

Phew !! I think Im finally back on Track! :P

Got the overdrive working this morning!! It was some crap in the operating valve thingy!!

just got back in after the drive home from coventry!! :-/ , 2 more nightshitfs! then I got 4 days off for the final 'push!!'

Keep at it ppl!

Roy  8)( tooo Excited to sleep now!! :o

Right, latest problems! The oil leak I thought might be coming out of the rear crank seal seems to be coming out of the dipstick tube and then running back along the sump and dripping onto the exhaust creating clouds and clouds of smoke. Is it normal for that much oil / (air?) to be wanting to come out through that tube? The amount of gas coming out of the rockr breather is minimal, so I cant think that is a build up of crankcase pressure causing it...

Next problem is the float chambers are incontinent. They cant hold fluids for long! Its had new grose jets (after trying several normal needle valves) and yet fuel still shoots out the overflow when you back off the throttle at highish revs. I've checked the fuel pressure, which was at the right level, but put a regulator on just to make sure. Its now showing a steady 3psi, so its hardly over-doing it. Anyone else had this rather dangerous problem?!

Cheers,

Ben

Well, the grey car is ready, passed its MOT today.

Just got to make a heat sink for the throttle cable, adjust the valve clearances and adjust the timing.

Spoke to a few other entrants, James C, Dave L and Ellis are ready. Jason is sweating on getting his passport back. I reckon about 13 of the 49 are still on the critical list!

9 days to go, boy does'nt the time fly!

Archived