Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine's in bits again - halfshaft out and managed to strip the thread on my nice shiny new alloy water pump housing earlier today - ooops!

Got Jony here giving me a hand tho - doing a sterling job. Lowering block is out so i've got ground clearance and tail happy handling again :D

(Phil, and Jony!)

I have to call it so: I've chickened out - yellow thats me.....

I will be taking The Yellow Spitfire MKIV 1500 - TPE 436M .... of La Carrera Caledonia fame

with just 260 miles on the new engine and Mark Field's own advice not to run it  - I shall be taking more time & care running in the GT6's New Engine... so
The Perverts Express ...it is.

Tim - So thanks but I won't need to5.5J wheel either.

Car 36 did 200 miles on 3/4 of a tank yesterday - to Goodwood and back.

Has a slight problem idling - and sometimes won't start up properly but it goes ok overall.

Things to do; fit the new Cibie headlights and bulbs with relayed headlight loom and aim them- then clean it because it's filthy..

I has a 2 gallon Jerry can.

Useful capacity, and it is full! A spitfire tank is a little (lot!!) smaller than a saloon one.

Took the spitfire out for the final test run.

temp guage now shows just under the red all the time.

Aaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!! Have obviously disturbed something, or my new lights block too much air flow.

Still need a replacement passenger seat and the front speakers have expired, they were only 22 years old so that is very disappointing.

Need an analogue aerial for the radio, not sure how far DAB extends into europe.

Off out to try to gaffa tape the speakers back together.

Cheers

Colin

I think my jerry can's been nicked! I had it a week ago and now I can't find it anywhere! I think it must have been taken out me boot while I popped into the house for some tools on Saturday. Sat night I went to fill tank up with it (5 lovely litres of V-power-goodness enough to get me to the next Shell garage en route to the west country and it was gone.. gits).

On the petrol note, we shall DEFINITELY be taking at least 10 Litres... Scotland on the RBRR taught me that!)

Progress: Well the HG replacment seems to have been ok, althought I still need to torque it down. Did about 280 miles yesterday, and car went pretty well. Still needs proper tuning, I'll have a go but not very good.

Prop rumble is bad at 76+, and goes away at about 90+, so as time and wallet dont permit a swap, we'll just NOT do between 76 and 90! :D
(so if you pass this slow GT, then get overtaken but it, then pass it again, then get overtaken by it, then... etc.. you know that were trying to average 80! haha)

Still need to pack up spares and do some small things like wire in a cig lighter socket. Still needs wash and sticker. Think thats about it.. I hope.

just been to get another fuel can! got a 5litre and a 10 litre! so 15litres, thats about  80miles!! :P
just been for final shakedown run before nightshift tonight :-/ EVERYTHING OK, BUT MY STEREO STOPPED WORKING!!  :'( tok it out,and a screw from back of dash has dropped into top of it!!   popped to Halfrauds, they tested it!! yup, FUBARED! had to buy a new head unit!! FECK!  

Otherwise I think we are READY!! ;D ;D

YUP! car 26, ready 1  right off to do a night shift!

good luck all who are close!! ;)

Roy. 8) ( team sauna!)

timbancroft61 wrote:
I hate the idea of running a GT6 with a fuel can in it, so I will not.

Using a GT6 for these events is difficult as space is so limited.

Pack with safety in mind.

My thoughts exactly. Full fuel cans are all well and good, but empty ones with fuel vapour in them can be trouble. Years ago there was a car that burst into flames when parked up in Swindon - the culprit was an "empty" fuel can, left in the boot.

timbancroft61 wrote:
I hate the idea of running a GT6 with a fuel can in it, so I will not.

Using a GT6 for these events is difficult as space is so limited.

Pack with safety in mind.

My thoughts exactly. Full fuel cans are all well and good, but empty ones with fuel vapour in them can be trouble. Years ago there was a car that burst into flames when parked up in Swindon - the culprit was an "empty" fuel can, left in the boot.

Well , have drained the tank and done a few more odd jobs ...but now the fly by wire throttle pedal has packed up on the van ,so that completely cocks up work till they fix it ,hopefully will work on the herald in the morning while they fix the van    [ have made katie postpone her shopping trip for 10cr clothes so she can be taxi...bloody women] and then shoe the rest of the day till i'm done which will prob mean finishing the herald on wed night...ho hum...it never rains ....

Archived