Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

32valves wrote:
When it does start it runs roughly and with the same clattering/knocking noise. Any ideas ?

It may have thrown a cam bucket... that's what happened to my Sprint engine (and they were the exact symptons)... casting fault let go and deposited bits of cast steel all over the alloy head, which with fast moving parts, don't go well together. ::)

It kind of ended up like this and resulted in a new head.

Come on, you can do it... what needs sorting on the Spit ?? ;)

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason wrote:

Indeed, I too know the bitter taste of fubar engine on the eve of an event. Of course my mates have helped me through it with talk of holding a sweepstake of which country will Jason break down in?  Ba$tards  >:(

I never thought of a "which country will the Stag breakdown in" sweepstake on Mikes behalf.

I do have a tenner on him getting to the start in it though...

:-)

Colin

p.s. CArl, take the engine out of the spit and stick it in the Dolly....

and nice one phil, good to hear you got it all sorted:D im guessing the silly things are the wireing on the speedo/tacho ;) im leavin for work early so i can hopefully get up abit quick but M1 at rush hour is a pain and i dont think ill beat it, prolly leave about 6, see ya tonight.

and to all taking part/hoping to take part GOOD LUCK!

Car No. 10 is now a MkIV Spitfire. Managed to get the afternoon off work to do some preparation. Hopefully we'll make it to the start tomorrow crossing everything that doesn't interfere with safe driving  ;)

Last night was a bit of a low and I honestly thought about giving up, but then I realised that it wasn't just about doing the 10CR in my new Sprint, it's simply about doing the 10CR. If I'm going to miss it, it won't be for lack of trying. "On days like these, when skies are blue and fields are green ..."

(and besides, there'll be plent of time to sort things out afterwards)

nice one on the spitty! im sure itll get round im sure!

heres a pic of RPP all POLISHED!!!!!!! and stickered up! ready for the off tomorow.

we (jony, ash and phil) are gunna have a nice relaxin evenin, and hopefully ben will arrive soon aswell :D and fill our guts with phils fine cuisine ;D

Jony

Archived