Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hutch wrote:
Tim: I'm starting earlier this time, I know how much you were distressed by the lack of prep that james and I put into the RBRR ;)

It wasn't the lack of prep - it was the schedule!

If we had lacked prep - we wouldn't have got all the way around without a hitch... ;D or something...

No no don't pat US on the back Jimbob, we only didn't fail because there was a certain amount of 'resiudual mechanical solidity' left over from the previous owner. He kept the car in such good nick that when we came to do the RBRR it was still in pretty good nick all round ;)

This year is another matter.

Anyway I don't like to go on about HOW REALLY REALLY WELL THE CAR WEN'T because others that did LOADS of prep and still had probs might feel bad!

This weekend I am going to Belgium for a Stag weekend and taking the 2.5, and have been re-building the rear suspension this week- as I am now using this car for the 10CR-I hope that the Belgium trip will be a good shakedown. Still I said this about the GT6 and the LCC.

Bit of progress today: The new (old) manifold and carbs are bolted on and in between heavy showers (the huge raindrop sort) after some farting about, leaking (read: 'gushing') petrol, stuck dashpots and fiddly choke cable it actually ran. Tomorrow if I get any spare time I hope to get it basically tuned so its drivable (right now I have not touched the adjusters or stop screws), then take it to a 'profeshnial' to get it running proper like.

Thankfully this time the clutch wasn't siezed so I was able to put it back in the garage the easy way :) (its a bit up hill).

So, yea feeling a bit more confident about the rapidly approaching event now!

Tim: Of COURSE you inwardly want to use the GT, its just so much more... sophisticated for a little jolly around the continent. BUT, I have to be Devils Advocate as usual, the Saloon will be so much more comfy, theres potential for a kip in the back and you'll be a hell of a lot cooler in it.

(take the GT!)

Archived