Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

Yup. Engine was running yesterday, and Rumpith's Spitfire has an MOT!

Collecting her tomorrow, then taking her for a run on the unofficial Barnoldswick Triumph test-track! (Martin, I could do with you following me for one circuit in the TR7, then we can gat some video footage!)

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's been incredibly frustrating. It took a lot longer and cost a lot more than I anticipated (partly my own fault because I kept upping the spec!). Glorious summer, and I kept seeing other classics out on the roads, which was really depressing. Then missing the RBRR too...

I will make up for it next year!

• 2 weeks later...

BRP now has a functioning oil pressure gauge which shows 40PSI at tick over so that's reassuring.

I have also just re-positioned the coil up out of harm's way (it was easily soaked in a downpour).

Generally though BRP should be in fine form - 16valve power at about 140BHP 8)

After 3 weeks of complete laziness, I went into the garage yesterday and got ready for some work. Found that the diff. pinion oil seal has totally failed and that it need s to be checked over. So got depressed, went and had a cup of tea and promptly fell asleep on the sofa.Marvellous stuff.

I think I can honestly say that I now loathe working on cars these days. A great realisation as I have work to do on all four Triumphs!!!!

Hmmm, perhaps that's why I haven't even got as far as looking in the Stag's lockup yet.  She's been abandoned there for 10 years now, the clutch will be stuck, as she had leaking head gaskets, I'll be lucky if the engine hasn't seized! Amazingly every time I've looked in on her the tyres have stayed up - amazing!

Shame the PI's not gonna be any good at altitude!

Quoted from timbancroft61 I think Don is refering to Ellis' comments prior to the first 10Cr in 2003.

Damn cheek - she was going lovely... until she suddenly wasn't :B

There aren't many people that have written a 16v head off, caused by a shattered cam bucket !!! :P

Blimey, I've just been out in the garage and finished stripping down the rear suspension and pulled the diff out of TARJ.

Amazed to find that my wishbone to chassis bolts came out ok., last touched those in 1991!!!!

UJs on the driveshafts are totally fubar!!!! How lucky was I to finish the RBRR- the old rotoflexs certainly absorb some of the shocks when drive is taken up.

The aim is to get her ready for a nice early morning Xmas day drive.

Feels strangely cathartic to have done some car work!!!

Also just bought some Stag braking components for the grey car if I decide to take that- no more mountain pass braking escapades if they fade again

Archived