Progress on entrants cars 2007

Raider

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoted from 76Spit I am also under pressure from my brother to replace the seats with MX5 types before the run so am currently watching a couple on Ebay - is there any preference to MK1 or Mk2 type? Do they both fit with a bit of fettling?

i think its best to go for the mk2 seats EITHER the ones with headrest speakers or the one with the seperate headrests, i think the rails are all the same but not positive but the other 'surfboard' type seats are a tad high i think, the normal ones fitted are the ones with head rest speakers though.

Quoted from timbancroft61 Blimey Steve your well ahead of the game eh!

Putting us all to shame- well done!

Thanks Tim - I guess this is what happens when you have time on your hands and the wife still works! The Spit is my mostly Daily Driver in good weather when I'm pottering around so I tend to fiddle with it a lot, I know there are some things that need doing so when I get my Stag back from Faversham I'll start on the UJ's, master cylinders etc.

Jony - saw your car at Stoneleigh - very nice - are there any issues with the MX5 seats conflicting with my Aley roll bar? - at the moment it does restrict the recline on the standard seats.

Regards

Crikey, only 200 days to go.

GT6 Progress: Tomorrow will be spent putting the gearbox back into the GT6 and fitting the new plastic tunnel- it seems a good fit!

Then a few job including fitting the re-furbed seats and she's ready for the MOT. I hope to use the GT6 for the MGoT TD at Silverstone on the 12th March.

I'm concerned about Don, he's bought some tuning parts for his mk3 GT6.

At pres there are 9 GT6s (4 mk2) entered into the 10CR- good stuff eh!

Not much progress yet on the car. Still busy getting rid of US spec rubbish.
Pulled out the dashboard and the wiring loom yesterday. Seems like mice do love TR7's .... as food that is  :o
Plan is to have "new" engine and Euro spec loom back in by the end off the week  ::)

Quoted from Jony5

i think its best to go for the mk2 seats EITHER the ones with headrest speakers or the one with the seperate headrests, i think the rails are all the same but not positive but the other 'surfboard' type seats are a tad high i think, the normal ones fitted are the ones with head rest speakers though.

Hi fitted Mx5 seats to my herald, bit of a fiddle to make new mountings but very comfortable and they recline. Mine are cloth faced dont have speakers fitted but are vey nice much better than the standard herald seats :)). I have set them quite low but at least I now look through the windscreen (I am quite tall...).
Worth the cost and effort of fitting!
cheers
mike
ps lots of bits to fit including driving lights, fog light, new radio/stereo disks, rebuild front suspension  etc etc. Plus the fun electronic bits like LCD speed and RPM readout, new overdrive interface etc.......
Actually the 10CR is good excuse to get all those jobs done that I have put off for a long time...

Crikey, the GT6 is nearly ready to hit the road again- just got to bleed the brakes, adjust the rear wheel alignment and sort out some minor electrical connections behind the dashboard!

MOT on Wednesday.

Then MGoT TD at Sliverstone and TR Reg TD at Mallory Park on 12th and 22th March.

I cannot wait to drive the old girl again- its neen nearly 6 months!!!!!

well, 'FiFi' my 2000 estate has almost recovered from her engine transplant. The 2.5 lump  is in and pretty much wired up, the PAS rack is on , the exhaust is on.

Hopefully when we turn the key next week she'll start! Finger crossed.......

;)

Archived