Goody wrote:
When Swiss tourists buy something from us I vote we charge them more and give change in currency that they can't use or exchange anywhere else.

You lot are hilarious. The UK is the biggest rip off on earth! How about the shitty "heritage sites" and other bollocks?

"Hey have a look at out tumbledown castle,£40 for a load of rocks, then you can stay in a shite hotel for 200 quid with all the cockroaches you want, then have the worst breakfast you have ever eaten!"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G.in_Belgium wrote:

You lot are hilarious. The UK is the biggest rip off on earth! How about the shitty "heritage sites" and other bollocks?

"Hey have a look at out tumbledown castle,£40 for a load of rocks, then you can stay in a shite hotel for 200 quid with all the cockroaches you want, then have the worst breakfast you have ever eaten!"

............yes, right.. well back on topic....at least we have the choice of visiting those places. In this instance we dont have achoice of roads...We have to go through Swizzerland

G.in_Belgium wrote:

You're just jealous because Belgium doesn't have any heritage liek what we do.

:-)

And due to the Uk government devaluing Sterling at every opportunity we get shafted far worse than that when we pay you a visit.

Fancy half a litre of beer?? That will be 5 euros please...... Glad I don't drink.....  :)

Colin

thescrapman wrote:

You're just jealous because Belgium doesn't have any heritage liek what we do.

:-)

And due to the Uk government devaluing Sterling at every opportunity we get shafted far worse than that when we pay you a visit.

Fancy half a litre of beer?? That will be 5 euros please...... Glad I don't drink.....  :)

Colin

..........and our chips are better!

There are a couple on Ebay with no number showing at present.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140583089658&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

is one of them.

They seem a biot slow pulling them this week, perhps teh person responsible is on holiday.

Cheers

Colin

I tried this website (and a load of others) - this one looks to be the only one where you can pay in GB Pounds (rather than Euros or Swiss Francs) - they look to be charging £30.50 plus a cheeky £3.50 booking fee - so it'll cost £34. That does include the postage though.  40 CHF is the equivalent of about £32.

bobyspit wrote:
I think we need them, I did not bother last time and was lucky not to be stopped and fined,
I am not risking it again, hence the early buy.
Better than a few hundred euro fine.

My right foot was the only thing which stopped me getting a fine last time... (whistle)

Nick_Jones wrote:
I ordered from that site (Swiss government site) a couple of days ago.  Do we need any others.....?

Nick

we will be driving through Austria and if you use the motorways you will need an Austrian vignette. The Austrians offer the vignette for shorter periods e.g. 10 days @ 7.90€ plus 1.90€ postage available over the internet.

Fines for not having one, similar to Switzerland.

AndyF

Snippet from the Austrian road toll website ASFINAG :

http://www.asfinag.at/toll-enforcement-and-monitoring

Substitute tolls, administrative penalties

Toll stickers (vehicles with a maximum gross permissible weight of up to 3.5 tons)

Toll stickers are checked and inspected by police and ASFINAG toll enforcement officers. In the event that the toll has not been properly paid, a substitute toll is collected on the spot. In addition, compliance with valid toll sticker display is monitored by camera systems (automatic toll sticker checks). In the event that toll dodging is detected by these systems, a written request for payment of a substitute toll is sent to the registered vehicle owner.
In the event that the toll sticker is missing or improperly attached, EUR 120 (for passenger cars/campervans) or EUR 65 (for motorbikes) must be paid. The substitute toll for manipulation of toll stickers is EUR 240 (for cars/campervans) or EUR130 (for motorbikes). If these amounts are not paid, this results in a fine (administrative penalty) of between EUR 300 and EUR 3,000.

Heres where to buy them en-route if we really need one. (Its a PDF file)

http://www.asfinag.at/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=a5368b01-02a5-4483-b443-b439250139a4&groupId=10136

Can anyone please post a link to buying before we leave?

I am guessing the Swiss vignette is a must...! Dont ask Bobbyspit the fun we had tring to buy one at 4am in the Triumph-Cleo....i am still hearing the swearing and the tomtom tapping tryng to avoid the Swiss motorway.... even now... :P (kiss-kiss Rob)

For a tenner the Austrian vignette is worth buying en-route if needed, seems readily available.

uksnatcher wrote:
I am guessing the Swiss vignette is a must...! Dont ask Bobbyspit the fun we had tring to buy one at 4am in the Triumph-Cleo....i am still hearing the swearing and the tomtom tapping tryng to avoid the Swiss motorway.... even now... :P (kiss-kiss Rob)

For a tenner the Austrian vignette is worth buying en-route if needed, seems readily available.

I did not swear.

Much. It was a good run up the full length of Swiss motorway, coming off finding fuel and having the pump rip me off £40.00  

Who says we are going this way?  ;)

We will be doing well over 120 miles through Austria, the timing is based on using motorways so really to avoid possible fines you need a vignette. I expect you might be able to buy one on the border or just before, but as we will not be entering the country using major roads no guarantees.  :)

I bought mine here:
http://www.tolltickets.com/country/austria/vignette.aspx?lang=en-GB

AndyF

Archived