bobyspit wrote:
Gaz,

looking at your link re the Austrian toll, the pay points are right at the start, Ill pay on the day :)

No need sir, i have just purchased 2 ten day Austrian vignettes seeing as i owe you for the other one   :)

Thanks for the link Andy....one less thing to do now.

I will let you know when i have it Rob mate..!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

AndyF wrote:
Who says we are going this way?  ;)

We will be doing well over 120 miles through Austria, the timing is based on using motorways so really to avoid possible fines you need a vignette. I expect you might be able to buy one on the border or just before, but as we will not be entering the country using major roads no guarantees.  :)

I bought mine here:
http://www.tolltickets.com/country/austria/vignette.aspx?lang=en-GB

AndyF

Petrol stations sell them, a couple of euros for a few days.

AUSTRIAN VIGNETTES

Confused.....went on line to order the vignettes, got to the page where you log your credit card details, and I`d forgot my card issuer password ,to allow the transaction to be authorised.
"Passord forgot?"  went into the issuer page and reset password
Went back to the Austrian site and it had timed out
Just about to start at the beginning when I get an email from the Austrian site......"Your tickets have been sent"
So much for credit card security

AHHHHHH,  First, my team mate Ash was gonna get the Swiss Vignette but so far as we know he has not.  Ash is in Cornwall without phone or computor.  (he does not know how to use a computor anyway)  He will not be back home till Monday before the run.  I have asked a mate to get one and I hope he will.  My credit card does not have a England billing address so I have had no luck on EBay plus the ones up for bid can't be sure to win or have time to post.  Team mate Peter told me the border will not be open to buy one at the time we arrive.  Is this true?  As for Austria I called the Embassy here in Washington and they do not sell them.  I was told however that most gas stations have them for sale, again is this true?  Team mate Pete does not have a EBay or PayPal account.   We got one for the Swiss last time at the border late at night and they were open.  Of course I do not know what road we will enter the Swill Bank Robbers area.  If who I asked to get us a Swiss one can't I might be back here asking for someone to feel sorry for us and help us out.  I will of course pay the price at the start.  Thanks.

Yes Please Ferny, Need to know if Ash bougth the Swiss Vignette.  Tell her Peter went to the drivers meeting and I think we are set.  Also need to know what day they will arrive home.  Ash is Ash or ash's to ash's, but Kirsty RULES.  

Goody wrote:
Yes Please Ferny, Need to know if Ash bougth the Swiss Vignette.  Tell her Peter went to the drivers meeting and I think we are set.  Also need to know what day they will arrive home.  Ash is Ash or ash's to ash's, but Kirsty RULES.  

He bid on one on eBay, but hasn't checked.

And she says thanks for the last comment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well were the vignettes worth the money?

I belive we were checked meters before the Swiss border by a little 'official' looking man holding a baton and waved us through, i am sure some were stopped behind us and had to buy one before the motorway started so no fines issued.

Cant recall the Austrian vignette being checked.

Did anyone get 'copped' and fined?

We were stopped by the little man with the Baton at Basel, he clearly looked at the windscreen, fortunately the vignette was stuck in place!
He then asked if we were part of a Rally as there had been a number of old cars through early that morning!

Value for money? That's up to the Swiss to decide ;D

As far as Austria is concerned, we got our 10 day one in Solden at a BP garage (where else?), no official looked at it, but there were some sinister looking forward facing cameras on the Autobahn!

Archived