Converted successfully using ITN Converter to Navigon .route format.

Had to convert and save files first then uninstall the converter prog before connecting up satnav to copy files to my routes folder as the converter read all the files on the SD card as "ITN files"

Once I'd worked that out - easy!

I don't know if it's relevant but my710 manual says this

Note: The Itinerary planning button is only available when all menu buttons
are shown. To show all menu buttons, tap Show ALL menu options in the Preferences menu.

Couldn't find it for ages!

Tim (Team 53)

1101 wrote:
Problem, we have Tom Tom 1 version 3 and it has no Itinary planning facility, does anyone else have this problem?

We've looked on Tom Tom forums and this seems to be a common compliant. Any ideas chaps??

Cheers,
Nige and Andy in #45

Yep same problem.
I have the same issue and found a crack to get the planning back. However the new menu works fine but only with a 2006 map. So changing back.

I may have to sit there programming the check points in manually as favourites, or borrow my mates sat nav?

1101 wrote:
Problem, we have Tom Tom 1 version 3 and it has no Itinary planning facility, does anyone else have this problem?

We've looked on Tom Tom forums and this seems to be a common compliant. Any ideas chaps??

Cheers,
Nige and Andy in #45

TomTom 1 version 3 does not do Itinery planning. I had this issue 2 years ago and no amount of messing around would allow me to load ITN files. A call to their techincal team (via the helpesk) confirmed it - it just does not support it, full stop.  Only way to do it is to load each location's lat/long as destinations and then use them as waypoints from your "recent destinations" list.

The only downside to this is that you have to wait ages as it calculates each single journey from the UK to the destinatation - took about 20 mins for each one if I remember correctly. Not a problem once they are all loaded though, as it will only need calculating from where you are at the time, and this will be be considerably closer than the UK.

sparky_spit wrote:

TomTom 1 version 3 does not do Itinery planning. I had this issue 2 years ago and no amount of messing around would allow me to load ITN files. A call to their techincal team (via the helpesk) confirmed it - it just does not support it, full stop.  Only way to do it is to load each location's lat/long as destinations and then use them as waypoints from your "recent destinations" list.

The only downside to this is that you have to wait ages as it calculates each single journey from the UK to the destinatation - took about 20 mins for each one if I remember correctly. Not a problem once they are all loaded though, as it will only need calculating from where you are at the time, and this will be be considerably closer than the UK.

I did it a little differently. I have found the point by looking at the map on google finding the waypoint, then looking at the map on the tomtom and setting the point on the map as a favourite. Time consuming also.

Hi all

Glad to see some of you are getting sorted... the waypoint co-ordinates are plotted as per TomTom, other maps may vary slightly (certainly Garmin have been known to be out before), so just as a reminder, beware and keep your eyes on the roadbook as well.  ;)

Cheers

E.

I did not get the EMail with the Tom Tom info.  Someone please send.  I will have a few day upon arrival in England to sort them.  I will also at that time get my first look at the road book.   Remember I have Ash, (will sell to the highest bidder) so take pitty on me.   :'(

I leave the states this Saturday arrive Sunday, on to Basingstoke to pick up DollyRoo.