A massive thank you from Team 3 to Ellis and the 10CR team for such a brilliant event. We both enjoyed it hugely and are already looking forward to 2015's event. We were also very pleased to get the Spitfire round this time after 2011's failure.  The only issue we had this time was a split in the driver's seat cushion....  :)  I'm sure that using high octane fuel at every stop, instead of 95 plus a separate octane booster as we did last time, helped a lot.

The highlights for us must be the Thursday night drive through Valenciennes/Reims/Dijon/Grenoble; going over the Col de la Bonnette; lunch on the top of the St Bernardino, and cheering Team Torpedo into Rolduc on the Sunday.  A really great route and great company along the way and at the night halts too.

The only downer was back in England, on the M20 when we were so, so close to becoming involved in a truly horrible accident, in a downpour and road-spray, involving a van, lorry, a Fiat Multipla, and the four Ariel Atoms that had shared our Chunnel carriage earlier.  Thank God Tristan's quick reactions and new brakes on the Spitfire just saved us from joining the wreckage, and I pray that the  person who was still trapped in one of the Atoms is okay.

Thanks again Ellis, Mike, Andy, Paul and Theo.  Hope I haven't missed anybody?

Team 45 would also like to thank Ellis, Mike, Andy F, Theo and all others involved for another entertaining event.

Cheers

Nick

Glad you avoided involvement in the accident Mike, and it sounds like we did the right thing bailing out and J9 and heading off into the wilds of Kent....... although we did seriously wonder at the time!

I would also like to thank the team for organising such a fantastic event. Great views, great scenery and some great driving roads.

Also thanks to Darren sharp for his company and for the use of his chariot which was extremely reliable.

Well done to all those that took part especially Team Torpedo who we had a great night in Calais with. Not being allowed to go to our rooms until we had helped them finish a bottle of 'Monkey Shoulder' whiskey was highly entertaining.  ;D

I would also like to thank the team for organising such a fantastic event. Great views, great scenery and some great driving roads.

Also thanks to Darren sharp for his company and for the use of his chariot which was extremely reliable.

Well done to all those that took part especially Team Torpedo who we had a great night in Calais with. Not being allowed to go to our rooms until we had helped them finish a bottle of 'Monkey Shoulder' whiskey was highly entertaining.  ;D

391 wrote:

Thanks for the drunken text messages. ;D

Top Job, Ellis and co! We very much enjoyed the trip which was a good blend of some great roads through Europe. The evening and night session through France was excellent. Also the social aspect of this event has not to be forgotten. It was good seeing old friends again.

Should I complain about the lack of beer in Italy? Lets say things got balanced very well in Germany and Rolduc!

Thanks to, to everone from team 39, my third 10CR but first in my TR3A. It went without hesitation all the way, and after speaking to people at the start I was far more confident knowing other TR3 owners were carriying spares on my behalf just in case....

Cheers see you all next time, if not at the RBRR?!

James

Just want to add my thanks to Ellis et al for a great trip.
It would have good to finish it in the GT6 but we still had a really great time, and special thanks to all the Triumph drivers who stopped to check we were all right at the top of Bonnet de Col! We only started to get worried when the Eagles started to circle above the car....

Mike and Libby.

mpbarrett wrote:
Just want to add my thanks to Ellis et al for a great trip.
It would have good to finish it in the GT6 but we still had a really great time, and special thanks to all the Triumph drivers who stopped to check we were all right at the top of Bonnet de Col! We only started to get worried when the Eagles started to circle above the car....

Mike and Libby.

Whoops that should be Col De Bonette, I think we were at about 2650M up. Lovely views.
Mike

Quite right of course Mike, the "Mk 1" of any model only becomes popularly known as such on the introduction of a Mk11. Sorry about the exhaust stains on your smart strides, I tend to avoid standing/walking too close to tailpipes of occupied vehicles but should check out of courtesy before firing up!

Tim

Once again thanks to Ellis, Mike and Andy for some tremendous organisation. We extended our 10CR to include 2 nights in Amsterdam and have just got back this evening after a door to door distance of around 2400 miles.

The TR6 did us sterling service with just 2 problems this year. The alternator stopped charging 20mins away from the Cherasco Hotel and once there, James Shackford suggested checking for carbon build up around the brushes. That's exactly what it was, causing a short, and once cleaned up, voltage was restored. Cheers James.

The other one, was dodgy fuse that occasionally made the dash and rear lights stop working. After 3 days of twiddling at every stop I gave up and just replaced it. Been OK ever since, should have done that on Thursday.

Thanks to Chris, Colin, Dave and Kevin for making up the trio of TRs and keeping us all on our toes with plenty of lay-by, hard shoulder, car-park and garage forecourt emergency maintenance (and tea making). I'm sure we used all of our collective spares!

Have posted a few pics in the album, not all with scenes like the one below.  :o

Russell and Carmel

Thanks Ellis - just about to board the flight home - brilliant few days, lots of revs, lots of laughs, lots of beer and lots of fixing up old Triumphs. Team America were inspirational and the car of the event for me was a toss up between team Hooper in a bog standard 2000 Mk1 that kept up with all the PI's and Tom Keys howlingly mad TR6. James old shed wasn't bad either!

Great to Matt George in his big saloon... Lots of potential there..

See you all again next time with maybe a RBRR wedge thrown in for good measure.

All the best and thanks for all the hard work.