i fancy a new steering wheel

2litre-e

Nothing taken personally, but I can't really say I have noticed any real flexing problem with mine, althoug having had wire (road) wheels for a while, I can see where you are coming from.

I had on my Herald for many years - over 100,000 miles, a Moto-Lita Flat/non-dished wheel, the wooden one with the rivets around the outside edge, that was a really nice wheel to use and it reminded me of the Aston Martin in Goldfinger, so I liked it a lot, but it did get cold in winter and hot in the summer, so I wore leather driving gloves to deal with that. (old school).

Some folk like the rivets, some don't, again horses for courses.

All a matter of personal choice.

Regards

Léon

mswal wrote:

Rarebits, I like the look of it, but what make is it?

/Magnus

Aha, I recognise that!  It's A Nardi wheel from an Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Special (Jap import MX5!)

Loveley wheel, great to drive with, but I'd love to know how you got it to fit a GT!

I started off with the leather covered shirt button, which drove me insane after having a full sized standard wheel on previous Spitfire.
Swapped it for the wooden Astrali wheel (excuse the BL horn-push, has now been replaced by Standard shield). Wheel was only £40, about half the price of a Mountney from TSSC. Bargain

Archived