Spitfire Restoration

Spencer

I've just bought a spitfire with the intention of restoring it.  I have no experience of doing this sort of thing at all so this may be a car crash!!  Although it may well be a disaster hopefully I'll have some fun along the way and learn a lot.

This car has been subjected to a lot of bodged repairs.  There is almost as much filler as metal.  The windscreen surround is basically made of filler.  I've started taking it apart.  The tub is pretty bad (mild understatement) but the chassis looks ok.

Hi spencer, and welcome to the forum, good luck with the spit, looks just like mine, (I have just started stripping mine for resto also) see my thread.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions on here, we are here to help, and also to have a laugh. So keep the spirits up. (the only stupid question, is the one you did not ask!)

Can you weld?

Where abouts are you located? May be a good idea to find your local triumph club, meeting etc.
Go along chat to the guys, get to know them, see the cars, perhaps they will take you for a spin so you can see what awaits you!
Also they will be willing to lend a hand if and when you get stuck.

And keep us posted on here how you are getting along,

• 2 weeks later...