Mk2 restoration

byakk0

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks as is they are still touching, but that's because not bolted down fully.
on one of the calipers I had also to straighten the mounting surface of the bolts.

I had a hell of a time ( actually most of the afternoon) to try and fit the dust jacket on on of the pistons, the retaining clip kept popping loose...
But then there is no groove for it to sit in..  grrr. Must be a skill I dont master,,,,

it looks as is they are still touching, but that's because not bolted down fully.
on one of the calipers I had also to straighten the mounting surface of the bolts.

I had a hell of a time ( actually most of the afternoon) to try and fit the dust jacket on on of the pistons, the retaining clip kept popping loose...
But then there is no groove for it to sit in..  grrr. Must be a skill I dont master,,,,

Have also been , quite a bit, touching up the inside of the body shell, when they sprayed they never took much care to work around the shadows created by the spraygun.
2 afternoons with a little mirror and a brush saw these covered.
The one door with silicone contamination has been resprayed and looked much better

Have also been , quite a bit, touching up the inside of the body shell, when they sprayed they never took much care to work around the shadows created by the spraygun.
2 afternoons with a little mirror and a brush saw these covered.
The one door with silicone contamination has been resprayed and looked much better

Where's your safety goggles young man!!!  

Was the camera on self timer mode or did you have a secret photographer!

The engine is back together and all tightened, but we need to change the water pump housing, as the bolts have been changed (one is metric course and one AF! ) planning to place it in the chassis tomorrow evening. 🙂

Where's your safety goggles young man!!!  :P

Was the camera on self timer mode or did you have a secret photographer!

The engine is back together and all tightened, but we need to change the water pump housing, as the bolts have been changed (one is metric course and one AF! ) planning to place it in the chassis tomorrow evening.  :)

Quoted from Jutlandia
Hi there

If I may ask, how is the brake and and petrol pipes attached to the chassis.
By the original steel type or the plastic type?

Steel clip thingy's on the cross beam and shock towers. Then little special clips along the chassis sides.
(Not sure of the correct names and numbers, but I'm sure my garage door crunching friend will be along to tell you!) 😀

10526 wrote:
Hi there

If I may ask, how is the brake and and petrol pipes attached to the chassis.
By the original steel type or the plastic type?

Steel clip thingy's on the cross beam and shock towers. Then little special clips along the chassis sides.
(Not sure of the correct names and numbers, but I'm sure my garage door crunching friend will be along to tell you!)  ;D