• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from Saltddirk
now the question is
is this acceptable?
Should i buy new calipers?
Can I lock it in position with liquid metal or some epoxy?

If i have to buy new, would it be worth upgrading to " 14" instead of the now 12's? is it feasable to upgrade, or is the whole mounting pattern different?

Forget the 12's, go straight for 14's if changing.

Worth having a go at creating a new hole first though.

2053 wrote:
now the question is
is this acceptable?
Should i buy new calipers?
Can I lock it in position with liquid metal or some epoxy?

If i have to buy new, would it be worth upgrading to " 14" instead of the now 12's? is it feasable to upgrade, or is the whole mounting pattern different?

Forget the 12's, go straight for 14's if changing.

Worth having a go at creating a new hole first though.

What's involved in changing to 14?
Is the mounting pattern different?

I am fairly sure that this was broken before, as I blasted and painted them when they came off the car and the break is nicely painted. Unfortunately I did not notice it then

D

What's involved in changing to 14?
Is the mounting pattern different?

I am fairly sure that this was broken before, as I blasted and painted them when they came off the car and the break is nicely painted. Unfortunately I did not notice it then :(

D

Dirk,
You may find that the type 14 just brushes the inner side of the edge of the hub flange. The edge was beveled on the Mk3 and later hubs. Very little material needs to be removed to make them fit.
                                                                                         Cheers,
                                                                                         Paul

Dirk,
You may find that the type 14 just brushes the inner side of the edge of the hub flange. The edge was beveled on the Mk3 and later hubs. Very little material needs to be removed to make them fit.
                                                                                         Cheers,
                                                                                         Paul

Looking good my friend, can't wait to see it in the flesh when I return to cold Belgium, 🙂  (working in the heat of Abu Dhabi)
Use the calliper a from my mk3, perhaps just need a quick rebuild kit throwing in, we will have a look when I'm back.
Cheers
Shaun

Looking good my friend, can't wait to see it in the flesh when I return to cold Belgium,  :)  (working in the heat of Abu Dhabi)
Use the calliper a from my mk3, perhaps just need a quick rebuild kit throwing in, we will have a look when I'm back.
Cheers
Shaun