Mk2 restoration

byakk0

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more polishing of the exhausts.... 😀
easy when you have manpower available

A belated reply to Jutlandia, We used 2 kind of clips to attach the brake and fuelline, both metal ones. The fuel line came with single plastic clips that we could not figure out, so we did not use them, shaun attached it using tie-wrap and plastic tubing. The metal clips used are capable of taking 2 lines

more polishing of the exhausts....  ;D
easy when you have manpower available

A belated reply to Jutlandia, We used 2 kind of clips to attach the brake and fuelline, both metal ones. The fuel line came with single plastic clips that we could not figure out, so we did not use them, shaun attached it using tie-wrap and plastic tubing. The metal clips used are capable of taking 2 lines

not suitable for publication!
Too many empty beer bottles in view 😀
Today progress,
Wire loom is in but not connected, heater, window wipers, clutch and brake pedals are all installed
fuelline routed and attached from tank to carb.
alternator in, and fanbelt installed. I don't have a fan yet, the old one being cracked I was going to install a Blue plastic one but the mounting pattern is different

not suitable for publication!
Too many empty beer bottles in view  ;D
Today progress,
Wire loom is in but not connected, heater, window wipers, clutch and brake pedals are all installed
fuelline routed and attached from tank to carb.
alternator in, and fanbelt installed. I don't have a fan yet, the old one being cracked I was going to install a Blue plastic one but the mounting pattern is different

next, I got 2 switches to cut out the overdrive from reverse but both came without the nut to secure them in place! Anyone know the thread and size so i can order separately? It's fairly coarse and big and I dont have anything remotely similar in my nut-box
Some more pictures

next, I got 2 switches to cut out the overdrive from reverse but both came without the nut to secure them in place! Anyone know the thread and size so i can order separately? It's fairly coarse and big and I dont have anything remotely similar in my nut-box
Some more pictures

Quoted from Dannyb
Finds it so easy he can do it standing on his head.

Has it come out upside down again! Aaarrrggghhhhhh why, why, why!
I take the picture, upload it and it looks perfect on my phone or I pad. So why is it different for you all???
Can one of the mods flip it the correct way round?