We are out (team 9 / ruk799l)

7 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Shedi still limping along with a broken gearbox mount.

My Spitfire's gearbox mount failed on the Cambridge area's Peaks-Lakes-Dales tour last year. Had that been a major event I'd have soldiered on, but it was approaching RBRR time and the Spitfire was entered, so I drove home and used my two days leave to replace it. I wouldn't have wanted to try doing that by the road side, but Shedi's may not be so hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobPearce said:

I wouldn't have wanted to try doing that by the road side, but Shedi's may not be so hard.

Saloon with OD fairly straightforward but not very easy to bodge, especially since it’s usually soaked in gear oil making it hard to get the Tiger Seal to stick…..

Buy cheap buy twice (or more) with those.

• Thanks 1

May have had a change of heart, Darren just said Ashley is considering fixing it at Rolduc after driving it over Stelvio Pass with the constant noise from the 

prop banging against the exhaust, as the gearbox shifts back and forth under load.   hope he does  the fix, it’s a new prop and recon box be awful to risk damage to the running gear for the sake of £75 

11 hours ago, Radders said:

Ashley is so tight I'm surprised he breathes out! 🙂

I think anyone who knows him will realise that lol, at Rolduc  he actually wedged a roll of duct tape in the gap and cable tied it to get home,  took longer to do that than it would have to replace the mount  🙄👍

Edited by Wendy Dawes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltddirk said:

Sam,

If you have a towbar then you are more than welcome to use my trailer to recover her. Pick up the trailer in Belgium, drive over, load the car and then sweet talk Shaun in getting a new box in.😁... could be done in a long WE as long as you have a spare box somewhere.

Dirk 

What a kind gesture  Triumph owners are the best 💕

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saltddirk said:

Sam,

If you have a towbar then you are more than welcome to use my trailer to recover her. Pick up the trailer in Belgium, drive over, load the car and then sweet talk Shaun in getting a new box in.😁... could be done in a long WE as long as you have a spare box somewhere.

Dirk 

Thanks Dirk, that's a very kind offer! We are still waiting to hear what the insurers say. I've had a couple of very kind offers from friends/club members around getting the car back - so I think we will have some sort of plan to sort it out, one way or another with or without the insurance co .

• Like 3

10 hours ago, yorkshire_spam said:

Still nothing from the recovery co. , I might call them later since its a week since I sent them the paperwork they requested

Hope it’s soon sorted, they’re taking their time 🙄

good news about the 2000 though 👍 we are all hoping for the  same good news for you Sam 🤞🥳

• 2 weeks later...