Which moulded carpet?

GT6 1

So A moulded carpet set ( GT6 ) from Rimmer £425, Newton £392.88 and Sports car Supplies £300, so are they all the same? If so £300 sounds better than nearly £400. Also there are some now on ebay that seam cheap under £100, not moulded but does anyone have one? Wonder on the quality though.

I think more and more I will get a Rimmer one, I only want to do it once. Can then go for the black one. I want it to be as it left the factory as much as possible will match the door cards as well, although a very dark blue may look better with the blue seats.  :-/

TSSC shop also sell them. I got a sample, but unfortunately it was no where near as good quality as the original. The consistency reminded me of a plastic pan scourer.  :-/ Also be wary of the ones that just say GT6 as the 1s & 2s are different from the 3s. I've also seen a rotoflex and a non rotoflex variation.

I have to agree with Doug. I ordered some samples of the moulded from Newton and was really disappointed so won't be buying a moulded set. If you want it to look and feel like it left the factory, I'm not sure the moulded sets are the best option.

I don't really see the point of buying a well fitting carpet if it looks like office carpet. It's difficult as I like to support companies investing in parts for our cars but the pile of the moulded carpet they use is so poor and doesn't fit with the character of the car. Having said that, some people think MX-5 seats look good ( ??)) so I'm sure they will have fans.

If they could sort this out and find something thats mouldable with a proper cut or loop pile, instead of flat scouring pad pile, I'd buy one of their sets instantly and pay good money for it. Unfortunately it looks like I'll be buying a Coverdale 80/20 wool/nylon carpet instead, as reportedly the fit of those is good and the samples they sent had an excellent pile.

Not come across Coverdale before but just looked at their site. they do my colour, CHESTNUT!!!!  >:( WoHOO!  

From what Bainzy says I guess they're not moulded. The only place it will really show is around the wheel arches and as mine aren't too bad in that area, I'm tempted!  Just a question of colour match so I've emailed them for samples.

Another £400 on the car! Doh!  :-/

I would be wanting to see the fit around the gearbox cover. I have never seen a stitched one that looks decent and original. And it is the fit that lets all the stitched sets down. You cannot rely on pictures either, needs to be seen in the flesh. And remember GT6 gearbox tunnel is different to spitfire.
FWIW I fitted a newton set to my car many years ago, and yes, finish is not as original, but they fit well. Very well IMO. And as I don't actually touch the carpet except with my feet, never worried about the feel. They are very durable too. 13 years of everyday use, and still all excellent.

My gearbox cover is not what I'd call fitted, it sort of drapes like a table cloth, tucks in at the bottom and has an unseen cloth strap across the top connecting the two sides and holding them in place. It has always been like this and I assume original. I'm more concerned about the wheel arch carpets which are a tight fit, curved front to back and side to side.

Oh now I am confused, I already have a old but new Coverdale set hessian backed in dark blue, but it is for the wrong model, person before bought it. For a Mk III non rotoflex, apparently most will fit but not the boot and one other bit, Hmm now I am thinking should I forget the moulded and go for a Mk I black standard  :-/ ??????

Most sell one carpet set, excluding the rear mat, for all GT6s. There are three different rear mats and everybody including Newtons sells them separately. The variations are Mk1&2 with a rear set, Mk1&2 without a rear seat, and mk3.

I've also occasionally seem mk3 rotoflex and non rotoflex, what the difference this makes to a carpet I don't know.