I will be asking all who took part to vote.

Either no one took any notice of the form within the Finals, or forgot. I only got 3 forms back.

At the mo. my vote would go for one of the following:
John Haynes' TR5
TS2
Doug Thompson's 2000
Tom Key's TR5
Dave Pearson's Courier van

My other thought was that all the cars looked better at the end?

Ah- yes. me and keith talked about nominating a car, but forgot to fill in the paperwork!

This was a favourite of ours 8). Driven fast and well, even with the toast rack ;).
My personal vote went for Keiths car- a real blast to drive. Tractable, docile and yet it would motor on fantastically when required. A credit to his efforts 8).

Well from a biased point of view my favourite car on the run was the Shed owned by Andy Pearce.
However I can appreciate that this is based on the fact that I've just done 2000miles in it.
If any other car owner feels that this is wrong let me drive your car for a bit and I'll see if I change my mind....sound fair?

Alex

It has to be TS2 for me. Kept ahead of the pace even in dire weather and has to have been the most challenging car to drive on the run. The impressive little TR2 didn't miss a beat either.

Personally, I fell a little in love with the Coke TR7 I was driving which also didn't miss a beat but for a split dipstick tube easily sorted. Matt and I were also pretty keen on Nigels blue 2000 above, despite its ridiculous headlights. It was as if a football pitch had arrived on your bumper when it was behind you!

This was my 2nd RBRR (did it in a Dove last time) and it seemed a little more relaxing and do-able this time around.

An awesome event , thanks to all !

From a spectators' perspective:

My wife was thoroughly taken with the silver GT6. We caught it twice -- the first time when we were sitting in the layby at the Cromarty Bridge waiting for the first cars to go past on their way to Conon Bridge. The second time -- when it passed us leaving Conon Bridge -- I swear she swooned :K)

For me, difficult this year :X I'm a sucker for the big Saloons and normally Nigel Gair's car would top my list. But on this occasion it's probably Chatterton's borrowed steed that gets my vote. Purely on the basis that if my white Saloon looks anywhere near as good as this car when I get it sorted I'll be well pleased - and TBH somewhat surprised :X Have to say though it was looking very demure when I saw it in the car park at the hotel - no hint at all of its dirty habits  ;D

Spitfire2500 wrote:
From a spectators' perspective:
My wife was thoroughly taken with the silver GT6. We caught it twice -- the first time when we were sitting in the layby at the Cromarty Bridge waiting for the first cars to go past on their way to Conon Bridge. The second time -- when it passed us leaving Conon Bridge -- I swear she swooned :K)
  ;D

A-hem! :) It's even better to drive! Was that you on the other side of the road then, as we left Conon Bridge- I remember we got a big smile. It's a real sum of its parts that car- fantastic.

I liked the 2litre blue mk2 saloon estate- that was a lovely low mileage car that went well. Had a few nice chats with the owners too. :)

GT6boy wrote:
Was that you on the other side of the road then, as we left Conon Bridge- I remember we got a big smile.

May well have been :) I was taking pics on the other side of the road when you left the hotel (just realised I got a pic of the GT6 leaving which for some reason I didn't include in my Conon Bridge Pics thread, l'll add it later).

Archived