Just wanted to say very well done to all the participants of the single best Triumph event of the year. The efforts of those who made it and those who were unable to finish are to be applauded.
I have spent a great weekend watching your progress on-line and thoroughly enjoyed seeing you coming in through Gordano (its Gore-day-no for those unsure!  ;))
I massive thank you to all who organised and volunteered their time so this could be held- well done all  :)

It was indeed a truly epic run , despite a few hiccups on the way, Thank you to everybody who tried to keep the old girl running , I really thought I was going home for almost certain on two occasions. I really feel for those who failed to finish as I know how much work goes into preparation of this event :)

Congrats and thanks to all - we made it back to the Plough - nursing a badly misfiring car No21 from Pimperene  -  we rebuilt a spare dizzy at the finish so Mike could drive home - hopefully he made it the car looked to be going well when we parted company on the M25 -got back to Somerset 2am ..
Great run one of the best many thanks to Mike and all at CT ......ps I'm looking at a "barn find" sprint this week .....could spell trouble!

Yes Congratulations all who made it.  It was a tough event which needed planning and preparing for well in advance. Really chuffed team 112 made it round and had fun helping stranded parties to rejoin the [s]race[/s] Tour. Really a good event with an even better bunch of people.

Chris.

mikew wrote:

He would have driven all weekend (squashing badgers and foxes etc etc) and driven home given half a chance .. now thats hardcore  :)

So pleased you both made it Mike but don't leave all your prep till 4 am next time  ;D
So has the sprint curse been lifted or is it getting broken for spares   ;D

Alex wrote:

So pleased you both made it Mike but don't leave all your prep till 4 am next time  ;D
So has the sprint curse been lifted or is it getting broken for spares   ;D

I will say nothing about the 4am prep ...... couldn't let AJP down after offering him a drive.

The Sprint is not cursed anymore, in fact it will even get a polish and a clean ! although not with one of Andy's internal wipes  8)

We could evan have rebuilt the dizzy at Pimperne, if we both hadn't been too tired to diagnose the issue, must have been karma to have grabbed that old seized dissy as I departed the house on the way to the Plough

Many congratulations to all that made it and commiserations to those who did not  :)

I spent a lovely afternoon at Pimperne, counting them in and counting them out... It was fun speaking to many of you, and it was easy to tell if you'd had an smooth, event-free drive or were doubly worn out by the varying naughtiness of your rides  ;)

Roll on October 2016... :)

You both looked absolutely buggard at the end and I'm so happy you both made it. I didn't realise you were both driving home that night - was a bit concerned when I realised Andy was doing that!

We had to go back the The Plough just as we left because I realised I'd left the Haggis is Bills boot. Didn't really want it dissolving in there over the next few months! Guess which stripy animal ran into the road, stared at us and then slowly sauntered off? Perhaps now we're not allowed to call it the Round Britain Reliability Run we should all is the 48 Hour Badger Splatter? Or should the club take up that idea as a Dolomite only event? Winner is the one with the smelliest exhaust manifold.

ferny wrote:
Guess which stripy animal ran into the road, stared at us and then slowly sauntered off? Perhaps now we're not allowed to call it the Round Britain Reliability Run we should all is the 48 Hour Badger Splatter? Or should the club take up that idea as a Dolomite only event? Winner is the one with the smelliest exhaust manifold.

I've had a look under the car this morning, and there's still bits of fur attached to the rear anti roll bar, I think an underside pressure wash is called for before any more spannering work  ;D

Andy did encourage me to go for a small dog on the way to Dartmoor, the trouble was that there was a human attached to it via  a lead  ;D ;D ;D

What a great event! I've done this a few times before, however this was different because there was no spannering involved until the overheating in the traffic on the M40!
Many thanks to Craig Bennett for giving me the chance to drive his Stag (i want one!) with the roof down for the entire weekend- the best way to beat the tiredness!
It was really good to meet some of the names we see regularly on the forum, and I think Chris and Zoe Sherrington did brilliantly cutting their teeth on their first run, as well as managing to help others along the way.
All the stops were great; only two questions though- Did Seaview accidently mix up the coffee with the gravy granules (super stop other than that- the staff are so helpful there), and Lands End........what a filthy place, it's real shame there is no viable alternative and I guess they know it !! .

A million thanks to the organising team yet again-This is the BEST event going!!

Gentlemen, ladies and Ferny - well done to all participants, marshals, spectators, hangers on and assorted loonies along the way. It was indeed an epic success, great fun and another big tick in the box for Club Triumph - the club that does!

We'll coordinate the final missing in action list and see who has been mentioned in dispatches - watch the Blog for some sleep deprived ramblings later today.

Note to self- after suffering "post road trip blues" following septembers 3 day Euro 2.3k miles in the plastic pig- the remedy is not to do 2,000 miles non-stop  in a Triumph round Britain just a couple of weeks later ...I now have to  find next months fix before I go cold Turkey

Congrats to all the other teams that made it.  Our Team made it around with only 1 minor glitch, frozen lock on the gas filler cap.  Clive punched out the lock so all was well.  Our car (DollyRoo) has now done 3 RBRR's.  I think I was the 2nd or 3rd and the first Dolly to nab the badger.  Have not looked under the car yet, but no smell.  Like all of you this was a team effort and many thanks to Clive & Pete for all the work they did preping my car.  We had a great time and it was a great run.  Just a shame about Lands End.  I too feel ever so sorry for the few who did not make it as I know what that feels like.

I was great seeing all of you on the run, check points and others who showed up along the run.  

This was a great event yet again! Thanks to Dave for agreeing to be my co driver at short notice! Obviously enjoyed it then!! Car went brilliantly overall. Considering only had it a few weeks I am well pleased. We managed to do the whole run with the roof down and did get very wet in Scotland!! Having done most of the run with little or no heater it had been working sunday on the way up from Devon when of course weather was warmer anyway!! The cooling fan had given up aswell nr Salisbury! No problems until we got stuck on the M40 and the temperature starts creeping up! No cooling fan and cold air out of the heater means the gauge is soon heading towards the red zone! Had to pull over as soon started to boil up and oil pressure was dropping! Quick repair by wiring fan direct to battery bypassing relay and temp sensor saw us on our way again! Was fine on way home as cooler and no traffic so fan was disconnected. Must check out the wiring and relays again.

A big thank you to all the organisers for all their hard work to make this event possible. I am sure I speak for many of us in congratulating them on a job very well done!! Roll on 2016!

A massive thank you to all the organizers, marshals and teams for making my first RBR a truly awesome event.

I thought me and Ted were in for trouble when the 2500 estate broke down only 400yds from the start (is that a record?), but a passing Andy Roberts diagnosed the problem in 30 seconds, Top Bloke !! After that the car never missed a beat.

One of the best bit for me was seeing the beautiful Renown at most of the check points, as our early problem left us at the back

Gordon (still buzzing)

Team 30