North London Newspapers, taking pics and interviews at The Plough
Classic Car Buyer and Classic Car Weekly doing the same
Triumph World running as a crew entrant ,so will cover as they go
North Notts media will be around ,probably Blyth
Scottish newspapers including local Edinburgh have been advised we are coming
Bude newspapers and radio will be covering the South West
There may be more in other parts of the country

• 3 weeks later...

It was also on Radio 2 at about 18:30 ish on the Friday evening as I was leaving The Plough.  Chris Gunby had obviously phoned into the show from his car, but got cut off.  Steve Wright(?) read out what he had said to the researcher and commented something along the lines of "they must all be mad".

sparky_spit wrote:
It was also on Radio 2 at about 18:30 ish on the Friday evening as I was leaving The Plough.  Chris Gunby had obviously phoned into the show from his car, but got cut off.  Steve Wright(?) read out what he had said to the researcher and commented something along the lines of "they must all be mad".

Steve Wright finishes at 17:00 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/programmes/schedules/2014/10/03 so could it have been Simon Mayo?

Yes it was - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04hc4hk at 1.34.30 not the most accurate of pieces but hey! a mention on Radio 2

Well done Chris Gunby  8)

Last Friday we had this in one of our local papers.  Annoyingly the saga with the petrol tank(s) meant we could not sticker up and tidy up the car ready for a photo shoot at the beginning of that week - but then our faces might have put people off.

Sorry that it seems a story of my trials and tribulations but press always seem to go for that sort of thing amongst the masses of other info that they had.  They have however asked as to do a write up with photos for next week's paper so that should be a more interesting read!

MUT

Just to chip in with my two penn'orth, but I've got a page report on the RBRR coming up in Classics Monthly issue 223, plus my usual two page diary spread is basically an extended conclusion/debrief on all the trouble I went through getting the car ready for the event, plus my thoughts on what turned out to be another great weekend all round :)

Cheers,
Matt

2684 wrote:
Just to chip in with my two penn'orth, but I've got a page report on the RBRR coming up in Classics Monthly issue 223, plus my usual two page diary spread is basically an extended conclusion/debrief on all the trouble I went through getting the car ready for the event, plus my thoughts on what turned out to be another great weekend all round :)

Cheers,
Matt

....but there won`t be a pic of me in your door mirror :)

2684 wrote:

Cheers,
Matt

When will this be out?

For those of you who are also members of the "other" Triumph Club on the "dark side" , there will also be a report on GT6s on the RBRR in my monthly GT6 register column in the courier...

Lots of TSSC members on the run and a lot of interest amongst the membership, even got sponsorship from some!

cook1e wrote:
For those of you who are also members of the "other" Triumph Club on the "dark side" , there will also be a report on GT6s on the RBRR in my monthly GT6 register column in the courier...

Shame I won't get to read that (I've been an ex-member for quite  few years)
This year was my GT6's third RBRR and another almost trouble-free run.