teams 42 and 43 are all home with a nearly complete set of signature since we had to miss beaufort to nurse the cars and their ridiculous oil gobbling habit. the crews are well although Steph keeps muttering about people calling her Libby :D

thanks and congrats to Ellis and the rest of the team for giving us all a lot of fun :)

Indeed was again a good event ...
And nice to put some more faces to names [:)]

Some photographs of the various control stops and progress during the run:

Crews Hill (Thursday 10/9 - 9:52 GMT): 0 km

Les 2 Caps Services (Thursday 10/9 - 15:22 CET): 244 km

Le Mans (Thursday 10/9 - 20:32 CET): 671 km

Condom (Friday 11/9 - 4:27 CET): 1237 km

Andorra (Friday 11/9 - from 12:14 to 13:44 CET): 1584 km

Beziers (Friday 11/9 - 17:48 CET): 1838 km

Millau Bridge (Saturday 12/9 - 10:29 CET): 1965 km

Beaufort (Saturday 12/9 - 20:38 CET): 2436 km

Nürburgring (Sunday 13/9 - 8:21 CET): 3273 km

Malmedy (Sunday 13/9 - 10:32 CET): 3367 km

Rolduc (Sunday 13/9 - 15:17 CET): 3586 km

Team shed car No 48 made it home safe and sound by about 8.30pm -got the early ferry ,full set of signatures timed the M25/M3 traffic really well and nailed the old lump down the 303 and it still wouldnt blow up!
Great run really enjoyed it well chuffed we fininished -thought we were toast when the oil pressure was 20psi @ 100 mph and the crank felt like it was trying to escape from the block! -trying to make beziers for tea-then I cocked up the junction and lost my temper big time - kicked the car
Thanks to Ellis and all the back room boys for sorting a great event and thanks to Homer for putting up with me!

sparky_spit wrote:
Theo - Wow, what a brilliant set of pictures. One more, and they would make a superb desk calendar to remind you of the essence of the event. Nice to talk to you at the Millau services - good to put a face to the name "Beans".

Might be an idea for next year, a 10CR calender to span the gap to 2011, can easily fill one with the piccies I took  ;D
Indeed nice to meet people you only know under their forum name  ;)

I thought that the final night location at Kerkrade was fabulous, a monastery  serving beer!
However I had heard that there had been a bit of bother with some monks earlier.
The head abbot for thirty years had come into the main hall every morning and chanted "Good Morning" and the monks had chanted back "Good morning"
Except one monk had got fed up with this and the following morning the head abbot came in and chanted "Good Morning" and the monks all chanted back "Good Morning" ,except for the one who was absoloutley fed up and he chanted "Good evening". At that they all looked around wondering who had chanted something different. As they all looked at Brother Doug, the head abbot chanted back "Someone chanted Evening"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOUZJRjW0yE&feature=related

Archived