Goodwood 5/11/07?

trackerjack

When thanking Dave Livingstone for our inclusion into their MGOT at Combe the subject of Goodwood came up and he seems to think we are invited as was discussed at Combe by Fred.
Question is are we as a club going? or did I miss it cos it was hidden in the mag somewhere, or in the wrong section till too late to do anything? as was with the classic action day.

Advise please :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sound meters are spread around the track, these are connected to Chichester District Council's office, the council workers lie in wait ready to serve noise injunctions upon Lord March if he oversteps the mark.
Amazing when you consider that Goodwood has been an airport for years as well as a track.
Only in the Uk eh!

Bet the buggers who do well at Revival or Festival time do not complain. Bet more noise is generated by the A27!

Yeah - funny how local residents having bought a house next to a race circuit can then complain about the noise - is it me!!! - the perimeter track was built just after World War 11 and most of the houses in the area were flattened anyway - so not as if the houses were there first!!!!

By the way what kind of lap times are you guys doing around Goodwood these days - standing start and flying laps would be interesting to see.

Dave - you need to run silent and deep!!! my GT won't make a noise - so it means you won't hear me when I pass you!!!!!

Interesting I found some old video footage and some lap times from 1988/9 when I was sprinting my GT6 - so just wondering how things had moved on with suspension & tuning since then - 2.5cc was lapping on a single lap standing start in 105.92 sec's - and the 2.3cc was down to 103.24

Your car sounds very interesting GT5 r have you got any pictures?
We used to sprint there in the early eighties and my TR5 was standard running on old P6 tyres best was 109.6 and my standard Stag 104 flying lap and 112.2 standing.
Sounds like your ideal to join our little track jaunts.................a lunatic ;D

Hi Trackerjack - thanks for the welcome - I trust clinical insanity is a prerequisite!!!!

Re pictures - only ones I've got are old 35mm prints - must get them scanned in - there are a few on my blog though - the car has sat since 94 after turning into a 3 wheeler at Pembrey in a 750MC race - not turned a wheel since ( kids and all that expensive stuff??) - Anyway big push now over the winter to get the old girl rolling and out on the track again - so the most up to date pics are on my blog - watch this space

Great, so Goodwood TD is going ahead.  Please put my name down and Diane's as a second driver.  As there only appears to be 10 places available I thought I'd put our names down quickly as no reply to my e-mail yet from Fred. Who else is going?
Will we be running together again with the problems that mixing various speeds brings (see my video) or will we be separated into our various abilities?

• 4 weeks later...

Have just chatted to Fred.  Yes CT is still coming to Goodwood with MGoT.

There are 4 places lest so anyone wanting to come you better get in touch with Fred ASAP.

Fred would come on to the forum herself but the system has locked her out, she asks if one of the Administrators can let her back in again.......

Noise at circuits - remonds me of Croft.
They have very uptight neighbours, who insist on a prolonged break for 'luncheon'.

They also have a Battle of Britain remembrance meeteing.
We were there afew years ago when a Spitfire and another, US, fighter flew in.
In the lunch time break, they took off and gave a dog fighting display at hedgetop height.

Noise, what noise?  Oh, the BoB remembrance display?   Would you like to complain about that?

John

Fred, I can't see anything wrong with you're login, should work OK.
I did a few sprints at Goodwood in the 90's, brilliant fun although I didn't really have enough power to do it justice, so as track days aren't timed I might be up for it!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mmm, Thinking of having a drive down for a look ! what times you guys on track from/till ??
will I have to pay an entrance fee? not been there before, is there more than one entrance etc!
cafe sounds good! Although if its cold I can just sit in the GT6! ;D

Roy 8)

Archived