Goodwood 5/11/07?

trackerjack

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To quote Gene Vincent: "Welllllllll, the road is rocky: but it won't be rocky long". Getting increasingly excited in this part of the world.  ;D Going to puy a crash helmet this morning(wife very dubious as she can she a motorbike being the next purchase....), so hoping to cadge a ride around with anyone needing 12 stone of West Country ballast?  ;)
Weather is looking good as well. ;D ;D

Another track day virgin here. Blown out trying to buy a helmet in Bath. Very helpful guy at the Motorbike workshop said best to confirm if there is an acceptable standard of helmet(Oo-er) for trackdays, before purchasing. Sadly, unable to get a reply from Goodwood as office shut today.
Am I right in thinking that there may be helmets for hire their, or am I spoilt by the facilities at Castle Combe?
If not, I will try to loan one locally before I go.

they dont USUALY check, but i got one with a gold label on it which means it had passed something, cant remember now, but i think some tracks want at least something, but for £30 quid or so if its got that gold label (ill find out what it is for ya) and you do a few track days or even as a passenger its worth it.....

GT6boy wrote:
Another track day virgin here. Blown out trying to buy a helmet in Bath. Very helpful guy at the Motorbike workshop said best to confirm if there is an acceptable standard of helmet(Oo-er) for trackdays, before purchasing. Sadly, unable to get a reply from Goodwood as office shut today.
Am I right in thinking that there may be helmets for hire their, or am I spoilt by the facilities at Castle Combe?
If not, I will try to loan one locally before I go.

Sadly I think you will find that Goodwood does not hire out helmets.

Its normal for no checks on helmets for a track day, if you can find a fibreglass one to borrow so much the better.
I will see if my neighbour has one and I will borrow that.

Umm, great day, as usual all Triumphs driven well.

If any one reading this gets a chance to drive Goodwood, grab the chance with both hands- its a superb track. Dammed fast, reckon at the end of Lavant I was getting 110mph on some occasions- this is scary.

Gotta say that I thought MGoT organise a great TD, spot on MG people.

Only shame being Bruce ? rolling his MGC coming out of Woodcote. This car was a Sebring rep and whilst not in the greatest condition was very purposeful. Bruce is a man of taste he owns a TR5 and a XK150 FHC.  I hope he is ok (Broken arm and collar bone) and re-shells the C.
No MG comments please, Bruce is nice guy who has joined us on a no. of TDs and its sad to see that he has hurt himself and his lovely car. Food for thought eh!

Thanks of course to Fred for sorting the TD out for us.

Whats next? Cadwell?

What a fab day. Nice blast down with GT6Jim and Royboy- gave it some behaviours and disregarded the sat-nav going down there: oops!
Had a good session in with Trackerjack and Keith Dandridge in their Dolly Sprint and GT6 respectively. Very interesting to see the differing driving styles and technique. Thanks to to John and Keith for a real eye opener on the world of Track Driving. What a blast- I never knew the cars could handle like that!!!!!!! Burst out laughing with the thrill of it on a number of ocassions ;D ;D Nearly got out twice with Paul in his 2.5PI Spit- it was like a Le Mans start at the end!
Great to see you all. Sadly my GB oil leak is as bad as ever. Hey-ho.
Nice to meet new faces as well, so thanks to Fred and Tim for their efforts in arranging a fab day out.
See you at the next one. :)

Nowt to do with me, Fred did the business.

Fell in love again with my GT6, not bad after 24 years. Real joy to drive a car that you have owned so long and to be able to give it some serious stick. Apols for the cone issue!

Thanks to Chris Shaw for great encouragement.

Forgot to say thanks to Bruce, Roy, Jim, Chris S., Andy F., Vitesseoxide, Richard and Jessica B for popping along to Goodwood to watch. Hope a few of you are encouraged to take part in the next one. Let Fred know that you are interested, Fred's e-mail address is in Club Torque.

Not long got home! phew! 375mile round trip!  worth it though!

Thanks too all, really enjoyed it, didnt get on track, but I was just there for a look really, Yes definatly interesded now in doing one in my Gt.

Great to see some familiar faces! and put some faces to names etc!

Cheers Bruce n Jimio!  Had an ACE time in our 'mini convoy'  ;D

Pics to follow!

Roy 8)

Archived