Goodwood 5/11/07?

trackerjack

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

davesideways wrote:
The other bloke from Ledbury eh?

I was looking at your cylinder head at Mosey's a while back ;D

Might there be a chance of poaching a lift? you live 750metres from me.

Soory Dave, I will be leaving from Kent to go to goodwaood as thats where the car is.
Maybe next time.

davesideways wrote:
The other bloke from Ledbury eh?

I was looking at your cylinder head at Mosey's a while back ;D

Might there be a chance of poaching a lift? you live 750metres from me.

Soory Dave, I will be leaving from Kent to go to goodwaood as thats where the car is.
Maybe next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Event Information
Event Name: Goodwood, Monday 5th November 2007
Just copied the following off the MGoT site:

Event Information
Event Name: Goodwood, Monday 5th November 2007
Event Location: Goodwood, West Sussex
Noise Limits: 98 db
Sign On Time: 07:45
Briefing Time: 08:30
Track Start Time: 09:00
Track End Time: 17:00
* Above start & end times are subject to a lunch break

NOTE THE NOISE 98 db.

17.00 finish- better get some lamps! Imagine the last session will be at 16.00

I might try to pop over in the Spitfire and say hello if I can get the day off work.

Jessica might visit as well, she's at Chichester University (depends what time her lectures/work-shops are).

If there's any chance of a lift round the track I'll bring my helmet (wish I'd been allowed to enter the Spitfire) :(

GT6boy wrote:

Sadly, from experiance, I would have to disagree with that statement :B :B :B

Rules are meant to be broken :P

Friend of mine was delivering beer to a pub near Goodwood today and Alonso was on track for a corporate day taking VIP's round............last week it was Lewis, and he crashed!

I also found an old Sprint result from 1980
My time for second in class in my TR5 was 1.51.9 (1st place XK140 1.51.2)
Other Triumphs were Julian Furniss TR3 Beta sport special 1.53.9
Nigel Payne GT6 2.02.7

These times are for a standing start lap so equate to a 1.44 in my case for a flying lap.

i was hoping to make it down but looks unlikely now due to health :( would anyone be able to do me a favor if they have time? i was going to have a word with mr Picton and take a load of pics of the green car engine bay (mainly about it being moved back so mostl around the bulkhead, but pretty much the whole under bonnet in detail) if anyone could get some pics for me if hes there in it id be most aprreciative!

and good luck with the run out everyone!

Jony5 wrote:
i was hoping to make it down but looks unlikely now due to health :( would anyone be able to do me a favor if they have time? i was going to have a word with mr Picton and take a load of pics of the green car engine bay (mainly about it being moved back so mostl around the bulkhead, but pretty much the whole under bonnet in detail) if anyone could get some pics for me if hes there in it id be most aprreciative!

and good luck with the run out everyone!

sorry to pester, just abit desperate! (not in that way!!!) anyone able to help me out? be worth a few of what ever youv put down on the fav. drinks thread :D

GT6boy wrote:
Crap-nav is off the menu: I've pinched the Sat-nav from work so now it's GPS-tastic. And i've got a navigator now as well! But as he is a little under the weather, we may have to travel in MGB mode(hood up)....   ;D

dont be silly! the fresh air will do him good! plus its easier to lean out the car if hes sick........lol

Archived