Dave & Jackie Batchelor :-TR6

Tim & Sue Hunt :-TR4

Roger Keys :-Triumph Stag

Brigitta & Bernd :-TR6

Pete & Mary Arnold :-Vitesse

Tim & Erica :-Triumph Stag

Sam & Andy Clayton :-Dolomite

Mik Davies Smart :-Roadster

Mike & Jane Charlton, :-I think I know but sworn to secrecy...

Andrew Walton Nicholas Dyer :-GT6

Bruce Garbutt Dale Garlick :-Stag

Dan Wilmhurst & TBA :-Acclaim

Darren & Barbara Sharp :-Triumph 2.5

Chris Rabbets Valerie Moores :-Triumph 2.5pi

Bryce Greenwood & Jonny Blackburn :-TR7

Pete Jackson Triumph :-2000

Ray & Gill Crellin :-Dolomite Sprint

Paul Darbyshire & TBA :-TR7

Roger Saunt & Richard Warr :-Triumph Stag

Leighton & Alison Ball :-TR4

Dave & Janet Barritt :- Saab96

Brian & Lyn Newman :-MX5

Nuala Dowie & TBA :-Spitfire

Dion & Sylvia Fluttert :-TR4

David & Lynn Kirk :-Spitfire

Quoted from Velocita Rosso-

Ok I don`t think the Spitfire will be ready, so the 2000/V8 hire car will be the mode of transport..........So when I`ve finished my pint in Kelso......I will get the others lined up and ready for when the rest of the field arrives😉 

Luckily Mik has included all the nearest petrol stations along the way in the route book for you!

Well ....we are nearly there!

For all those who survive  the fantastic scenery, wonderful Northern sociability ,excellent food and drink ....and cracking roads....on this event, the event will finish at The Holiday Inn Express Malton Road York, where they are expecting us all . There will be dedicated space for our presentations,snacks and refreshments and a carvery attached to the hotel for those who may be more than peckish.

May proceeding soon commence

Ok I don`t think the Spitfire will be ready, so the 2000/V8 hire car will be the mode of transport..........So when I`ve finished my pint in Kelso......I will get the others lined up and ready for when the rest of the field arrives😉 

That is most kind of you. Not the sort of offer one would expect from a Yorkshireman😉

Final list of runners and riders in start order

1 Clive & Gill Senior Triumph Spitfire

2 Les Hirst & Pam Nicholls TR7V8

3 Ian & Carol Harling Dolomite

4 Martin & Val Leaver MGTF

5 Richard & Sylvie Mercedes CLK

6 Dave & Jackie Batchelor TR6

7 Tim & Sue Hunt TR4

8 Roger & Kay Keys Stag

9 Leighton & Alison Ball TR4

10 Chris Rabbetts & Valerie Moores 2.5PI

11 Tim Turner Erica Wilshere Stag

12 Dion Fluttert Sylvia van Hal TR4

13 Bernd & Brigitta Ebert TR6

14 Sam & Andie Clayton Dolomite 1850

15 Andrew Walto Nicholas Dyer GT6

16 Bruce Garbutt Dale Garlick Stag

17 Mark Lee Chapman Spitfire

18 Darren Sharp Barbara Joyce 2500

19 Bryce Greenwood Jonny Blackburn TR7

20 Pete & Janet Jackson 2000

21 Paul Darbyshire TR7

22 Ray & Gill Crellin  Dolomite Sprint

23 Nuala Dowie Chris Noble Spitfire

24 Dave & Janet Barritt Saab 96

25 Brian & Lynne Newman Mazda MX5

26 Roger Saunt Richard Warr Stag

27 Pete & mary Arnold Vitesse

28 David & Lynn Kirk Spitfire

29 Chris & Sarah Reynolds TR7V8

30 Mike & Jane Charlton 2000V8

31 Mik Davies Smart Roadster

Safe travels to all joining us from far and wide.

Weather looks good (Thanks Martin😆)for another raid on the best roads in the North

Hopefully you can follow us on the Club Triumph Instagram as we'll be posting regular photos

See you all at the OST

Quoted from cliftyhanger-

That is most kind of you. Not the sort of offer one would expect from a Yorkshireman😉

Clive, he'll re-read what he just wrote and become a Yorkshire man again 😫

Quoted from pete jackson-
Quoted from cliftyhanger-

Clive, he'll re-read what he just wrote and become a Yorkshire man again 😫

I only said I would get them `lined up and ready`.........you just pay for them when you pick them off the bar............Yorkshire Man...stupid  ? not in the same breath please......

Morning,

Thank you for a great event. We both really enjoyed it. It was obvious a lot of effort had gone into organising the weekend by all involved. I think it was also a great tribute to what Martin wanted the event to be. Sorry we couldn’t quite push it to the end, we nearly did end up pushing it home, at one point in the middle of nowhere the engine just died. I am not sure what is causing the problem yet but I’ll have to investigate. We stopped just before the A1 to decide what to do as it was really struggling at low Rpm. We decided to not risk crawling into York and made a break for it down the A1. Pretty scary on the A1 in traffic when it suddenly cuts out. A lot of coughing and spluttering later, we rolled it back under the carport at Deana’s. I said I was sorry to not have finished the event and Deana’s just laughed and said “ it wouldn’t be a Club Triumph event if Martin didn't come home on a transporter” or words to that effect.  

So a great two days driving with a really good bunch of car enthusiast. I hope everyone else made it to the end and enjoyed it as much as we did.

Unfortunately I’ll be on holiday for the next P&P meeting so I’ll see you all in October. 

P.s: To really make it special next year, may I suggest arranging parking at the end of day one, that would have really put the icing on the cake.

I am gutted that we missed the event. The Stag decided it didn't want to leave Cheshire as its fuel pump jammed before we could make it east of the M6.😭

Ended up being recovered home by the AA. I got  the car up and running again Sunday morning but by then the Border Raider was off the menu for us🙁

Note to self, carry a functioning spare fuel pump on future trips!

Bruce  

What a Fantastic Event!

Many thanks to Chris. Mik and the team for arranging two brilliant days of fast road driving. Over 400 miles of wild open roads - bends and bumps - and endless views of rolling hills. Good crack, new friends and lots of friendly advice. We'll be back.

Quoted from Bryce-

P.s: To really make it special next year, may I suggest arranging parking at the end of day one, that would have really put the icing on the cake.

<chortle> that's gonna get you into trouble!

I was going to ask how you got on getting home, good luck finding the root-cause of the cutting out problem.

Quoted from Greta-

What a Fantastic Event!

Many thanks to Chris. Mik and the team for arranging two brilliant days of fast road driving. Over 400 miles of wild open roads - bends and bumps - and endless views of rolling hills. Good crack, new friends and lots of friendly advice. We'll be back.

Glad you got back ok with your odd looking tyre and thin oil!  

Just got back home - felt a bit strange driving back from Roger's in a boring Volvo instead of roof down in a Java green Stag.

What a superb weekend of brilliant (co)driving on wonderful roads with great company - both in the car and out.

Thank you Chris and everyone else involved, especially Mik for finding such a great route for us all.

Richard and Roger - car 26

P.s. Which hotel are we in Mike? 😎

Mary and I just wish to echo the comments already made by other entrants - both how much we enjoyed the event and many thanks to all the organising team.

The route book was clear, easy to follow and just the right size for navigators to hang on to!

The roads used were a suitable mix of main A+B roads to get us between the interesting ones.

The camaraderie amongst all competitors was so enjoyable.

There were two worthy winners for Best Car and Spirit of the Event.

I could go on and on (and I often do!) but . . . . . . thanks every one from Car 27!

We had a fantastic event. Gill was impressed with the roadbook, high praise indeed. And we were both impressed with the bottle of bubbles (now in the fridge to calm down, hopefully ready in a couple of days😉) 

Spending time with friends old and new was great, plenty of time in the evenings to chew the fat. And we fitted in the odd cake stop.

We clocked up about 1100 miles door to door, the car did suffer on some of the roads, but nothing an hour with a couple of  spanners won't fix. But as above, we'll be back

Another fantastic event from Club Triumph.

Janet and I thoroughly enjoyed the event last year and just had to do the event again in the 2dr seeing how I spent some time on it before the start this time, so it wouldn't break down again! Needless to say it played up on day one all the way around and after the finish on leg 1 I decided to change the condenser, only to discover the screw holding it in was not holding it in and the condenser was jumping about the distributor. Screw tightened and no more problems for the next leg. 

Well done again to all the organisers and of course, all of us who entered, great group all round. 😎