• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xyv wrote:
ooh, look, there's Carl!  

;D Yep, but not drinking Lambrini. Handed mine over at the border as instructed by 'Mr Big'.

Good suggestions for alternative uses. No use as 'fuel additive' I suspect, it's probably an octane reducer. Perhaps an Acclaim could run on it ...

32valves wrote:
Only 31 bottles ? Where did the others go ? Does this mean there are Lambrini drinkers in our midst ?

Come out, come out, who ever you are  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I found another bottle in my car, which we forgot to issue at the Plough, and I know that Mr Bancroft kept his, although the excuse he offered me was that he didn't want to upset McJim. (why not?  ;) ).

The only conclusion is that Tim is a secret Lambrini drinker  ;D

• 6 months later...

After 20 years of RBRR's (not all of them I must admit), I've finally done the A68 in daylight! We've just had a week in Scotland and I couldn't resist going this way. Probably added a good hour to the journey, it' a lot busier during the day but I felt it had to be done. I decided to go and spend a few days driving around Scotland and actually stopping off to look around rather than just flying straight up to John O'Groats and back again like we usually do.

Anyway this is the scene of the Lambrini incedent, we couldn't really see any of it at the time. And that's our little Skoda which is 15 years old itself now, hasn't quite got classic status yet but I've had newer Dolomites that did at that age so I think it's getting there.

4576 wrote:
then again I'm wrong as I've just noticed the roadsign :B :-/ :X

It is definitely the northbound layby, I can assure you that. We only did it in one direction, we came back down the west coast just like the real RBRR. Did the same route from Fort William back to England apart from stopping off at Morrisons in Stirling to demand a pie. Thought that might not go down too well.

• 4 months later...