I can now report that what started out as a gentle jibe at soft southerners who have a penchant for Lambrini has developed into a full blown cross border incident as of midnight on Friday.

There was I, standing in the cool night air, admiring the clear night sky and the Milky Way when the crews from the RBRR started to arrive at the Carter Bar control on the Scottish border.

Second crew at the control were Andrew and Sarah Johnson in their Stag who presented me with a bottle of Lambrini.  We had a good laugh about it and off they went on their way.

A couple of cars later and another crew present me with a bottle of Lambrini.  Oh yes, very funny.

Then another, then another.

Mike and Anne Weaver in their immaculate and newly restored 2500 V8 FF Estate took particular delight in presenting their bottle of Lambrini.  They took such great particular delight that as a result of Mike's rather disparaging comments towards the Scots, I bade him farewell and informed him as he pulled out of the lay-by that I had just keyed his car!

Bet he checked that out at the Edinburgh Airport control.

Yet another and another crew presented me with more bottles of Lambrini as the night wore on.

"You really shouldn't have." I proffered, "No, you really shouldn't have.  I mean YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE!"

So much so, I now have 31 - yes 31 bottles of Lambrini in the boot of my car.

What do I do now?

My wife saw them and thought I had turned gay and showing her the bottles was my way of "coming out"!

I have now discovered through torture, bribes and blackmail that a certain Mr Weaver, who will remain anonymous, was behind all this.

How to dispose of them.  The bottles that is.  Mr Weaver's day will come!

No one in Scotland would be seen dead, drinking a soft southerners alchoholic tipple.

I could pour them down the sink but the fumes from the sewer manholes will have every kid playing in street totally intoxicated!  Their mothers will love me introducing them to alcohol as such a young age.

So, I have decided that since I'm going down to the Tebay control anyway, I'll ask crews for a charitable donation for Children with Cancer and give them a free bottle of Lambrini for their generous spirits.  A spirit for a spirit seems an appropriate swap.

Anyhow, here's the boot of my car full of Lambrini.  Not a pretty sight!

Jim.

PS  I don't like Lambrini, I don't know how you all came to the conclusion that I did!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The salient point here is "a good quality drink".

Have you seen who drinks Lambrini?

Girlies on a night out, those who are light on their loafers shall we say and anyone south of Watford!

The defence rests M'lud.

Jim.  (Who actually likes Belgian wheat beer if anyone is paying attention.)

McJim

You may have a problem coming South over the border to Englandshire if you do not declare your excess Booze (I use the term loosely)

You yourself may be subject to the Marigold treatment.

Oh and whatever you do don't get stopped for speeding on the way down, can you imagine the coppers faces when they check/search youe car.......................... ;)

Now that was just brilliant - reminds me of the type of madness more common a few years ago in Club Triumph (or is that Nostalgia?).

I can say though that Mr Weaver is now a double hero in my book and I must shake his hand at Tebay (never having met him yet). To have done what he has done with his car and now, to have staged this (clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

See you @ Tebay McJim and, no, I don't drink Lambrini either.

4247 wrote:
Brilliant  ;D

I can now announce that I'll be manning one of the Southern England controls for RBRR 2014 and that all Scots, Northerners and Midlanders are Macallan 10 Year Old Single Malt drinking softies.

Glad you missed out Geordies  :P :P ;) ;)

Well having spoke to Mr Jim Mc Jim, he was adamant that it was for , quote, girly southerners,  ;D ;D
But he did get a use for it, and it all went to a good cause, well done Jim.

But as a Scotch Man, he would no eat a world famouse Snake Pie,  neither would a Mr Brake,
did a quick runner back to his car, ;)

Maybe Snake Pies be the order for next year, washed doon with some Lambrini,!!

M

tiggrr1 wrote:

H'mmm

It does describe Mike Rather well  ;) ;) ;)

Oy! Who you calling peculiar
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.goldensilents.com/comedy/benturpin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.goldensilents.com/comedy/benturpin.html&h=499&w=356&sz=79&tbnid=lpWUex01UjNM6M:&tbnh=93&tbnw=66&zoom=1&usg=__NGF44KaI8fZWQ5ljWlfbnz9asK8=&docid=Gl_DPqoLePkKkM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=kMJwUJiRLMXa0QXGxIGICg&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQ9QEwAg&dur=75

michael_charlton wrote:

Oy! Who you calling peculiar

As if I would dare to call you OLD or PECULIER  (whistle)(whistle)(whistle)

It also says something about a Legend..............................................

You can make your own mind up (think)(think)(think)

Now that I am many many miles away from McJim, I can now confess that having seen what excellent value for money the toll into Scotland was (less than the Dartford brodge even before they put it up this weekend)  I tipped Jason off that I thought everyone should do the decent thing and pay up on the way over the border.

And when Mr Chinn told everyone at the drivers meet what a great laugh it would be to annoy that "miserable old scotsman" the deal was done.

Jim, we are so, so sorry..... NOT!

:P

What???!!!

And get stuck with another 30 or so bottles of Lambrini to take on the plane home!

Imagine the excess baggage cost for that on Easyjet!

Do I look stupid?

Well I suppose I did look a bit silly with 31 bottles of Lambrini in the boot!

Just remember, revenge is a dish best served cold. ;)

A bit like a chilled Lambrini, I guess. :P

Jim.

Colin!!! I was getting away with it and now you've gone and told the truth, it's a slippery slope!

I think Lambrini in the cooling system would be an excellent flushing agent, a little in the washer bottle could be beneficial in the winter and I think it could get the residual stickiness off your paintwork after removing the stickers but for God's sake don't drink it!!