to be honest i don't have a clue what our MPG was and i don't really care i know we were doing similar to the vitesse we were with as we seemed to put similar amounts in each stop ,but three up in a heradl 13/60 aint gonna be great MPG...but we did only spend just over £300 over there although we didn't do the full route

beans wrote:
nearly 31 mpg with the TR7 ...

Hell Theo I've got double the amount of cylinders than you! - not worked out all the figs yet, but Ivi averaged a good 28mpg a couple of times, I got a 25 and when we were in "knackered brakes/cruise mode" we got 30.5mpg twice - fantastic for a V8 Wedge!!!

1st fuel stop 37mpg - but then we did queue to go through the Dartford Crossing twice!
2nd Fuel stop 44mpg
3rd Fuel stop 48 mpg - by this time our speed was reduced due to the bearing noise
next refill will be whenever the car turns up - expect it to be good fuel consumption because I know we were limping along at 30mph between Troyes and Morez!

Just Done my Stats. With Odometre error corrections ( 15% under read ) I've calculated the following:

Keswick to Knutsford (First Fill to last fill) = 2880 miles, 338.5Litres used or about 39 miles / Gallon !!!

... so yes on some long runs Triumph Spitfire 1500's can certainly return an excellent MPG. And all this cost approximately £320

This of course assuming I didn't sleep through a fuel change in Germany in the middle of the night

GT6_Don wrote:
If that's who I think it is - doesn't he have overdrive and a 3:27 diff?

Yes, we also think he super cooled the fuel to fit more in, and maybe also tied a rope to the back of a lorry and turned the engine off... :-)

Actually I think the OD failed on the way down there.

I suspect his ridiculously frugal driving style has something to do with his driver training.... But then perhaps not!

He must have made a mistake, but I have not worked out where yet, and teh car is in very good mechanical condition, so perhaps he really did do 50mpg.

Colin

50mpg... rubbish. I hardly believe 40mpg but then I wouldn't call that nice chap Don a fibber ;)
50mpg... man... that guy should get a hybrid or something. He must drive at 55 everywhere. Who is it colin, cummon, I must know him :)

How are you guys working this out? Do you actually have accurate oddometers or something? I know roys is spot on but surely you cant ALL have accurate ones :)

Not sure what we got, all I know is we got a bit more than roy as we were often stopping at the same points. I'd guess about 28-30?

And yea.. the oil MPG figure was pretty low!

Archived