10CR '13 Who's got what left to do ?

Beans

thescrapman wrote:

You knew about that days ago!

I think you have been distracted... ;-)

Yes, distracted by all the other blooming jobs on the list!

Well the floor is all welded up.

Found a broken radiator bracket so that got welded too.

The recon alternator is fitted.

Had a master stroke with the header tank - having recently procured one of Chris Spain's Header Tank kits for a local old boy who also has a stag, he passed by grumbling that he'd been quoted �90 to fit. So I offered to fit it for free, on the proviso I get to fit it to my car first and test it on the 10CR!  So now it's all up and running fitted to my car!

But the biggest job of the day was refitting the newly refurbished hood header rail.  Several hours of trim work, not helped by having to go to Screwfix when I ran out of contact adhesive!

Still plenty left to do, but drove the car to work tonight  :-)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinnyfastcar wrote:
left it rather late BUT the halo/DRL lights should arrive Tuesday morning and the 70's kitch rear parcel shelf sequencing brake a indicator light bar to be installed. and cup holders....
and take the car out the lock up. JOB DONE!  8)

hope you have changed those wheel nuts Vinny?  . . . . .

Checked rocker clearances yesterday (all fine) and thought whilst turning engine over I would take the opportunity of carefully inspecting the fan belt for any nascent split(s). Spotted the attached--hardly nascent! Reckon that would have gone en route to Dover somewhere, Fitted the one I had in stock and although I now have a new one fitted I am still twitchy about a Continental tour with no spare. Ordered yesterday on Ebay from Chic Doig, hopefully will arrive before I leave on Wednesday. See y'all in Coquelles.

Tim

tim_hunt wrote:
Checked rocker clearances yesterday (all fine) and thought whilst turning engine over I would take the opportunity of carefully inspecting the fan belt for any nascent split(s). Spotted the attached--hardly nascent! Reckon that would have gone en route to Dover somewhere, Fitted the one I had in stock and although I now have a new one fitted I am still twitchy about a Continental tour with no spare. Ordered yesterday on Ebay from Chic Doig, hopefully will arrive before I leave on Wednesday. See y'all in Coquelles.

Tim

What size is it?
We may have one ...if not our local stockist will....only pennies

4 wheel laser alignment and all wheels balanced today.

Bargain at £50 all in :-)

Had fun helping the chappie wiggle shims in and out of the rear trailing arms. he was impressed that I'd spun and greased the threads before bringing the car alaon and was even more impressed with my custom made spanner to hold the bracket bolt heads!  Massive difference to roadholding!

Co-driver turned up, did some wiring and drove the car for the first time, still wants to do the run!

Just a few little bits and pieces left to do now, mostly associated with finding and packing tools and spares!

:)

We have just had to amend our travel plans due to work commitments - we are now getting a Eurotunnel trip Thursday morning - 6am, so there's a spare hotel room available in Calais on Wednesday night if anyone is interested.

Anymore work jobs come in and we will need to cancel - so crossing our fingers that we see you all at the start.

I was going to wash and polish the car, not time for that now.

Mike & Anne Car 13 - I knew this was an unlucky number ! :'(