10CR '13 Who's got what left to do ?

Beans

sparky_spit wrote:
I was doing a bit of final checking of stuff on the Spitfire that I hadn't already replaced/greased/oiled/adjusted/etc., and decided to have a look in the carb float chambers to see if there was any sediment in there.  This is what I found in one of them.

Is this "last minute preventative maintenance" or what?

Serves you right....tinkering,looking into things!
Philip has started on the car...............he `s taken more bits off!
New shockers going on

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't sleep this afternoon (after nightshift)

So new track rod ends fitted, trunnions checked +oiled, Front wheel bearings checked and repacked with fresh grease and Mintex 1155 front pads fitted.

Yesterday new steering u/j fitted and compared to the GT6/Spitfire normal coupling the difference is amazing (admittedly mine was knackered) it is so much more direct  :)
Also swapped out the 3/4 brake master cylinder that I had put on the car to try and cure too much pedal travel but only made it harder to press. In its place I went in completely the opposite direction and fitted a 5/8
master cylinder instead. No real discernible extra pedal travel but much more feel and a lot less effort required to come to a stop in a hurry  :)

Just need to go on a quick test run to the chippy to see how it feels with 1155's now.

New trunnion arrived..... best go and fit it I suppose.......

Still in two minds which car to take..... Vitesse clutch issues appear fixed for now, but I don't quite trust it.

Also, there appear to be relatively few Alpine twiddly bits (compared to the 2011 pass-fest at any rate) making the PI and it's long legged canter (not to mention reclining seats!) more attractive.......  :-/

Nick

32valves wrote:
Also hoping that the antibiotics work and I don't have to go to hospital for 'something stronger' (bloody horse flies  :()

I had to go back for stronger ones when I got bitten. Leg was twice its normal size, and I have never known pain like it, well apart from a root canal infection, that hurt a bit as well!

Good luck!

Gave up on the battery lead when a couple of parts didn't arrive on Saturday. Managed to find a good one in the workshop so fitted that and also wired in the ignition switch bypass that got us round the RBRR last year, just in case. Topped up the gearbox and axle, greased the prop shaft joints and rear wheel bearings, fixed a dodgy looking exhaust mount, remove all the gravel from the gearbox cross-member (a little impromptu off-road excursion  ;D), checked sorted and stowed all the tools and spares, fitted the vignette, and gave the whole car a quick clean inside and out.

Still got to get the tracking checked/adjusted and forgot all about fitting a fuel filter near the tank in case of any more crap fuel so going to try and sort something tomorrow.

Aiming to be ready for Tuesday night so that I can join the welcome for Team Torpedo at our local CT meet  8)

Flushed hydraulics today and put another set of wheels on (nice black banded steel).
Also changed the rear springs, for the old ones from 't Kreng (had them powder coated last year as spares)
These are slightly longer, which should prevent the car from riding on the bump-stops all the time when she's fully loaded.