GT6 Mk 1/2 seats

dimtavies

In the process of putting my Mk 2 back on the road after a year of no driving licence for medical reasons, not booze !

Anyway the drivers seat is just crumbling away badly inside, I have looked and can't seem to find anyone who sells cushions, covers etc for the early type seats. Now I may be being unusually thicker than most but I did have brain surgery last year so I have an excuse, and apologies if it is blindingly obvious.

Thanks

Tim

Newton Commercial is who you need.

http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/triumph-gt6/model-154/seats/

I have a pair of MK2 seats that need completely rebuilding, but having totted up the cost, I've decided they'll stay in the shed a little while longer.  :)

Paul_Garvey wrote:
Wow - at that price maybe take them into a trimmers and have cushions made?  They can use different densities for different section to make them far better than any stock foam you may find.

I agree with Paul - a local upholsterer can work wonders and very cheaply too.

One of the problems with the early seats is the padding up th sides on the frame.

This is not the normal soft cushion that you cut and fit.

Thats why these seats are so expensive to repair; but great when they are done right.

You could give Aldridge Trimming a call?

242 wrote:
Why not ask Owen if he wants to start a new line & he could use your seats as templates  :)

I just was thinking about that , good idea !  ;)
he started with Spitfire MkIV/1500 seats because he has a MKIV/1500 .. and on his site there stands that i wants to make mk1 and other GT6/Spitfire seats but that he don't got the chance yet  :)